• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Having a Laugh !!

Pete

17 minutes ago, Silverhunter said:

When I read the reply I thought 2.3 kg was ridiculous but I don't own any of these and thought it might of been a solid wood box  making the weight but obv his calculations must be slightly out by a factor of 9/10

This reply was on a 16 coin britannia set which he had marked £45 for postage. 

In his defense if it does weigh over 2kg then it will cost £27 for special delivery. Still a bit short of the £45 he wanted!

Seems like a decent bunch of replies.

He has not clarified the point about lost parcels and where the responsibilities lie!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

He is asking £32 shipping for the 4 coin Brit set weighing in its box 258 g only ( see picture ) and I just shipped such a set with bubble wrap and cardboard box Special Delivery for £7.25. Covers £500 contents and gross weight up to 500g

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

He is asking £32 shipping for the 4 coin Brit set weighing in its box 258 g only ( see picture ) and I just shipped such a set with bubble wrap and cardboard box Special Delivery for £7.25. Covers £500 contents and gross weight up to 500g

Dear pete

you have short changed yourself you did not include the mileage for travle to the post office you also missed out the hourly rate for your time taken to compleate said journey. I know you were on this occasion successful in selling your item but pleSe do not overlook these costs in the future and on your next listing you might be lucky enough not to sell your item saving you the inconvenience of having to make such a hardious journey 

3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

As regards this particular item, it weighs 2.3kg and to get it sent via Special delivery insured is £27.60 excluding VAT if I buy it online. 

perhaps he was referring to the 16 coin crown set which looked like it had a heavy box.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-UK-50p-40th-Anniversary-Silver-Proof-Collection-16-Coins-/361940968763?hash=item54455ce53b:g:hp4AAOSweW5U9hp7

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

As a question about the 1997 4 coin Brit set, I sent him this:

"Just how far from the post office do you live? Are you planning on hiring a limo?"

I received this reply:

Special delivery costs can be between £10 and £23 insured. Multiple purchases are discounted depending on weight and value.

The postage costs is clearly listed and you don't have to bid on items if you dont want to.

This could have been a screw up with the listings as they were originally listed a while ago. I was reusing previous listings and may not have corrected the postage.

Always happy to discuss a discount as this can be done through the final invoice and I always discount multiple purchases.

cheers

The guy will be getting a complex about this now, with all the questions he's been getting:D

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Have to say at least he has a decent manner and stays polite, despite being poked with a stick (limo...heheh). But he really needs to tidy up that whole delivery mess. Get rid of the overall impression he's doing you a favour by selling to you, too.

I had a reply about the "Lost parcel" situation...

Hi there

As regards the parcels, either party can claim for a lost parcel. Just covering myself for people who don't want to pay for recorded delivery then will moan if they don't get the parcel. 

Have had one person try to mess me around with postage then claim they haven't received the parcel. 

As standard now, I send things recorded delivery for standard items. 

The more expensive sets are sent Special Delivery. Since I have used Recorded and Special Delivery I haven't had a problem with parcels going astray.

cheers

Ian

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived