• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone ever bought from coin portfolio

Silverstackeruk

6 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I wonder where our friend @giorgiopin is, he's been very quiet since people were getting email confirmations, just hope he managed to secure 1 from these scammers :D

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist sticking your foot in again. Actually, my card has been charged.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mariner1961 said:

Never tried getting anything graded, up till now had only bought already graded. What's the process and costs involved?

You need to read through Numistacker grading open threads..all the info is there

Credit card charged and spoke to Tom who confirmed order posted out yesterday Royal Mail standard 3-5 days. Asked whether a signature was required and he said not required. 

Delivery section of website says that orders over £150 excluding p&p is recorded delivery signed for.

Anyone received theirs yet and can confirm please?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Silverstackeruk said:

http://www.coinportfoliomanagement.com/p-T325/50th-Anniversary-1oz-Silver-Proof-Krugerrand.aspx

Now they have increased there price to £195...to all that benifeted from my post well done...for those who thought it was a scam and didn't pull the trigger unlucky...

I'd like to thank you so much for posting about these coins, I managed to nab three at the weekend thanks to your good self! They're not in hand yet but I've had the preparing for delivery email today. I would have bought a fair few more at that price but alas the maximum order was three by the time I decided to take the plunge. If I had more I'd be flipping a few but with 'just' three I'll keep them and possibly give one as a gift. I begged relatives to get some too but they didn't bother (to be fair they know little about coins, but I also included the ebay links).

What a strange company though selling at that price, and while the website is otherwise very attractive there were a few hoops to jump through here to get to the £95 listing instead of the £125! I will certainly be keeping an eye on other stuff through them in the future.

I got a call from them yesterday and my new 'personal adviser' was fantastic, the best person I've ever spoken to across about five companies. Sure, she was interested in selling me more stuff, but not pushy about it at all, she seemed like a real enthusiast of numismatics herself.

Three interesting things for me:

1) She said that while there is some discretion, the company don't always send recorded under £100 orders, which I find staggering.

2) I expressed my disappointment that it wasn't clear if the maximum of 3 was per order or per customer (I was tempted to try for multiple orders but worried that it might be an excuse to cancel them all). She said they'd spent a lot of time looking at each case individually, cancelling some multiples but again using some discretion if they could.

3) She told me a huge surprise is coming from the RM in June or July, and that she couldn't say anything more, but she really was bursting at the seams about this and struggling not to let too much slip!

On 5/5/2017 at 09:53, Silverstackeruk said:

http://www.coinportfoliomanagement.com/p-T325/50th-Anniversary-1oz-Silver-Proof-Krugerrand.aspx

Now they have increased there price to £195...to all that benifeted from my post well done...for those who thought it was a scam and didn't pull the trigger unlucky...

Can still get from there sister company Westminster Collection for £125

Does seem slow though

Paid for a coin on Friday that I won on eBay and it has just arrived. It was sent 2nd class recorded.

My order with coin portfolio was apprently sent Thursday last week and still not here. He did say 3-5 days so am not worried just bit confused as to why the latter stages are taking so long also?

A very 'unique' company...

- No recorded delivery under £150 according to the website someone posted, generally (but not always) under £100 according to my personal adviser.

- 'Expect delivery within 3 working days' from their email despatch (round here RM deliver on Saturdays, believe it or not! Do they have some sort of 'business only' post I've never heard of that only takes into account weekdays?), but @Oystonout has been told up to 5.

I'd be tempted to call but will leave it a day or two (only because I'm covered by credit card) because some have been received and the company's been looked into, also:

- I've received an investment pack today, with suggestions that may interest me, from my adviser. The folder's professionally printed, they have a PO Box and include a Freepost envelope.

So they send their glossy investment info first class but likely not their coins (I certainly don't have mine), and the brochure arrives before your first purchase. Can they not guess which I'd rather have in my hand first?!! It's certainly not the way I'd run a business!

Charged card on 28/4 and nothing. No communications of any sort.

Westminster Coins however, charged on the 3/5, dispatched on the 5/5 and delivered today 8/5. Estimated dispatch email on the 3rd. Actual dispatch email with signed-for tracking details on the 5th. Delivery was on the 48 hour service.

I decided I may as well but a few spare from Westminster. A bit more expensive but still cheaper than all other offerings out there.

1 hour ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Just received tracking number.. basically they only just sent them...24h signed for delivery so will have them tomorrow..

Had same email just now

Tracking number with dispatch date today 8th May, Royal Mail 24 hour signed for expected delivery 9th May

Bit strange as on the phone had it confirmed that package had been dispatched last Thursday. Did say however 3-5 days so if it comes tomorrow then that's fine.

Archived