• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone ever bought from coin portfolio

Silverstackeruk

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Oystonout said:

Can I ask why you were asked for your signature and what your response to this request was?

They said my address didn't come up on their system. If that is the case, why did one of the letters state that my order would be despatched? No need to answer.

5 minutes ago, giorgiopin said:

Jesus mate. You do make a lot of absurd deductions from what I am saying. To me, dodgy can mean up to no good which can mean a whole load of things, not just fraud. For your information, I was not happy with the transaction once I was asked for a signature which is why I made a number of calls to arm myself with information. My enquiries appear to have proved me right. I mean, I've been waiting two weeks for these coins now. Please read carefully in future if you would like a further response.

Not being funny mate but can you think of any reason why you would have to provide a signature and nobody else who has ordered has mentioned being asked the same?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 minutes ago, Oystonout said:

Can I ask why you were asked for your signature and what your response to this request was?

I didn't respond to them. I haven't sent a signature anyway. I just made a few phone calls. My bullion dealer states that although it is not unusual to ask for id, a signature is odd.

6 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Not being funny mate but can you think of any reason why you would have to provide a signature and nobody else who has ordered has mentioned being asked the same?

7 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I have heard of plenty of other people being asked for a signature elsewhere.

I didn't respond to them. I haven't sent a signature anyway. I just made a few phone calls. My bullion dealer states that although it is not unusual to ask for id, a signature is odd.

correct, which suggests they perhaps had some issue with your credit card or identity?

what would they have to compare it with?

1 minute ago, Oystonout said:

@motorbikez has received his order from coin portfolio. All contact I have had makes me think that everything is genuine. I do believe it's possible that they were selling coins that they did not have in their possession at the time of the order being placed hence the delay 

Well that would constitute dodgy to me which is all I was trying to say in the first place.

6 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

correct, which suggests they perhaps had some issue with your credit card or identity?

what would they have to compare it with?

Nothing wrong with my credit card or identity.

1 minute ago, giorgiopin said:

Well that would constitute dodgy to me which is all I was trying to say in the first place.

When I placed my order it showed up that I had "reserved" 3 X coins. It also mentioned that delivery could take up to 10 working days. If they were trying to steal a march on the competition it is possible that they were expecting delivery of their allocation by a certain date. If that date was to be shortly after the date I placed my order and was subsequently delayed then this could explain why it is taking so long (although still within 10 working days so far)

Best thing to do is call them and ask them outright. If you are happy with the answers they give you then continue. If you are not happy then cancel.

9 minutes ago, giorgiopin said:

It's not clear to me from what you have posted that anyone has received these coins.

@motorbikez confirmed 2 posts after his photos that they were from Coin Portfolio. I am tempted to accept his word as you would struggle to find a more straight and honest member on this forum.

2 minutes ago, Oystonout said:

When I placed my order it showed up that I had "reserved" 3 X coins. It also mentioned that delivery could take up to 10 working days. If they were trying to steal a march on the competition it is possible that they were expecting delivery of their allocation by a certain date. If that date was to be shortly after the date I placed my order and was subsequently delayed then this could explain why it is taking so long (although still within 10 working days so far)

Best thing to do is call them and ask them outright. If you are happy with the answers they give you then continue. If you are not happy then cancel.

I will be calling them again in the morning. I may have got this all wrong and would still like to receive the coins if possible.

9 minutes ago, giorgiopin said:

Really? They did say on the advert "reserve" your coin, nowhere did they ever say they were going to send them immediately.

BTW have you bought from them before and if not did you receive a phone call as that is the way they operate; all new customers receive a call to verify a few things.

4 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

@motorbikez confirmed 2 posts after his photos that they were from Coin Portfolio. I am tempted to accept his word as you would struggle to find a more straight and honest member on this forum.

If anyone has received these coins from this company, I have obviously made a mistake. Let's see what pans out this week.

4 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Really? They did say on the advert "reserve" your coin, nowhere did they ever say they were going to send them immediately.

BTW have you bought from them before and if not did you receive a phone call as that is the way they operate; all new customers receive a call to verify a few things.

Within 10 working days, I believe, which would be tomorrow.No and no.

3 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Yes I got the call and introduction spiel etc  nothing was discussed that made me feel something was suspect. 

Following this with interest.... and no small amount of perplexity. I don't understand this company.

Perplexed because here is a dealership (er sorry, coin portfolio tailors, acquisition consultants, wealth-preservation-and-enhancement enablers.... whatever) who are not interested in getting anywhere close to market value for one of the hottest proof releases going? W...T...and indeed F?

Despite the set prices worldwide being ridiculous for a 1m mintage anyway, their bullion version IS at least correctly priced to the current trend, pretty much, but don't buy that one! Instead join the 1.5% club (oh -does our personal coin agent send us a badge?) and here's the proof one under half the price of any savvy dealer anywhere. £95? Can they "tailor" the bu one at the same rate please? £17? No? Only giving away the rarest pieces for under half price not the common ones....o...k

I absolutely am not trying to rain on the enthusiasm of the majority here, and i really truly hope everyone gets this deal of the year in their hands. I went through the test process and added 3 to cart but i won't be ordering. Something about these guys doesn't sit right with me, and i've always obeyed my instincts when buying coins. Even though this time it seems i'll be the one left wondering why i didn't buy. But i'm ok with that. I also don't want to encourage my coin consultants calling and bugging the crap out of me with "advice". That would seriously dent the enjoyment i get from my hobby.

Good luck to all, and expect we'll see a flurry of uk based listings in the near future ;)

I placed an order on the 16th of April. I haven't received anything yet and when I contacted them was told about the stock taking. On the "received" thread motorbikerz has received his. My credit card has not been charged for anything. According to Companies House the company started in January 2013 and the next accounts aren't due until January 2018. It does not feel like an attempt at fraud. I'm happy to wait to see what happens this week.

8 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

So you're telling us that there is an actual fraud being committed and you have this information from your credit card company? Quite a serious allegation, would also be interested to hear who your bullion dealer is

Considering this is quite a new thread and that 6000 posts are from quite a while back i'd start looking from the last page backwards

Just got round to checking this. Yes, someone has posted two photos of these coins but they do not state where they got them from.

Just got round to checking this. Yes, someone has posted two photos of these coins but they do not state where they got them from.

Hi mate,

motorbikerz confirms that they're from them, have a look a couple of posts down from the pic posts.

Cheers

Archived