• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone ever bought from coin portfolio

Silverstackeruk

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received a letter from CPM today dated 24th.  According to them they tried to take payment but was declined by my card issuer.  I've not received any text notification from issuer about any declined transactions.  Possible I may have punched in the wrong numbers.  Phoned them up and gave them the details again but they don't process on the spot so will have to wait until overnight processing.  Now have to wait and see.  They phoned me up the day after ordering to try and flog me some stuff so not sure why they couldn't have just phoned to let me know of an issue.

It'll all be above board.  Maybe issues with stock and stalling.  No idea.  Protected by Credit Card anyway so won't be an issue.

I'm told by my new personal Numismatic Consultant that they've been stocktaking all week and are hoping to be finished by Tuesday/Wednesday, whereupon all the outstanding orders can be sent out.

Just try expressing an interest in G3 and William sovereigns and see where that takes you:P

Some of their prices are seriously eyewatering.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

29 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I'm told by my new personal Numismatic Consultant that they've been stocktaking all week and are hoping to be finished by Tuesday/Wednesday, whereupon all the outstanding orders can be sent out.

Just try expressing an interest in G3 and William sovereigns and see where that takes you:P

Did you call me ?? Consultant you will need isn't , have you got heart problems ? 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

34 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

They have some good facts and figures on the site; "Bullion and Proof Krugerrands can be differentiated by the number of serrations on the edge of the coin, with the bullion version having 180 compared to the 220 on the proof"

T

I am new to all this so please bear with me.

If I have 3 X proofs and wish to get one or more graded how does it work?

Do I just send the coin off in its capsule, pay the fee, and hope that it is graded to the highest level?

If it's a proof it "should" come back positive shouldn't it? I don't really understand why it wouldn't?

Also do they contact you with the results beforehand eg yes it's a 68 do you want us to proceed and frame it (wrong phrase) etc?

Thanks in advance 

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

NO coin is guaranteed a top grade, proofs included. 2, you must be a member of a grading company in order to submit a coin, Numistacker is using his membership to help members of the forum grade their coins. You really should only join a grading company if you're going to grade more than 8-10 coins in any one year

Thanks for the info

Sounds like its for the real die hards - which I'm not

Cheers

Even that price is cheaper than everywhere else

I ordered one from them at £125 as it looked nice. I also ordered a Tuvalu dragon 2oz Antique for $148 this week. For the same money I would think the Dragon is a better investment but who knows.

As far as I'm concerned, this is some sort of scam. I placed two separate orders with this company. I have now received two letters from them, one stating that my order will be despatched within 10 days, the other asking me to provide a signature on an official document. I have made a number of phone calls and everyone believes this is dodgy. I have not heard of anyone receiving these coins from this company. I have looked them up on Companies House website and they have not provided any accounts since they were formed. Someone claims that they are busy doing a stocktake??!!! What sort of company allows a stocktake to interfere with orders? I phoned up the other company someone has mentioned - Westminster something or other - and they didn't even know what a Krugerrand was!!?? Really wanted a couple of these coins but have almost given up now.

Westmister Collection and Coin Portfolio are sister companies. I have an order from both companies for two completely different items and have had the same response that they are stocktaking. I have no doubt that Westminster Collection will fulfil my order as they always have done. Hence I trust it's sister company also.

7 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

1. Who is "everyone" in everyone believes this is dodgy?

2. You should check the "today i received" thread, someone posted they have the coins landed

There's over 6,000 posts in that thread. Maybe you could post a link. Thanks.

Just now, shortstack68 said:

So you're telling us that there is an actual fraud being committed and you have this information from your credit card company? Quite a serious allegation

????? No I did not say that. I said I contacted these people and they believe it is dodgy.

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

Eh.......They believe it's dodgy, 

So what constitutes dodgy? Trying to defraud is basically what you're saying isn't it? Or else what has action fraud got to do with this?

Jesus mate. You do make a lot of absurd deductions from what I am saying. To me, dodgy can mean up to no good which can mean a whole load of things, not just fraud. For your information, I was not happy with the transaction once I was asked for a signature which is why I made a number of calls to arm myself with information. My enquiries appear to have proved me right. I mean, I've been waiting two weeks for these coins now. Please read carefully in future if you would like a further response.

Archived