• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

jayboat

Ever have a crap day at work and just think f**k it !!

35 posts in this topic

I have just read this thread, 

I read it with sympathy and knowledge, I to was in a job ( with family) that i hated, was made to to work extremely long hours, got the brunt of everything, so other employees didn't think i was getting special treatment though i was getting very special treatment i was being made to start 1 hour earlier, 1 hour later, and work Saturdays and Sundays.  I had tools thrown at me.  It was my Grandparents who put a stop to it and sent me to Germany to train where i had a brilliant time.  When i got back I I finished my training at a different company arranged by my Granddad.   I then stated working for myself and built a business.  

You will have skills that you can put to use for yourself if you cannot find employment.  A topic of nearly ever morning break time is 'f-cking Tax Credits'  and how someone can work on the brush for 16 hours and have their money made up to £500 inc rent, and its not f-cking fair.  

I take it your wife is on board with your decision        

Pampfan likes this

5 hours ago, Pipers said:

I have just read this thread, 

I read it with sympathy and knowledge, I to was in a job ( with family) that i hated, was made to to work extremely long hours, got the brunt of everything, so other employees didn't think i was getting special treatment though i was getting very special treatment i was being made to start 1 hour earlier, 1 hour later, and work Saturdays and Sundays.  I had tools thrown at me.  It was my Grandparents who put a stop to it and sent me to Germany to train where i had a brilliant time.  When i got back I I finished my training at a different company arranged by my Granddad.   I then stated working for myself and built a business.  

You will have skills that you can put to use for yourself if you cannot find employment.  A topic of nearly ever morning break time is 'f-cking Tax Credits'  and how someone can work on the brush for 16 hours and have their money made up to £500 inc rent, and its not f-cking fair.  

I take it your wife is on board with your decision        

The wife is a thai national and my kids were born in thailand. They are living here on 5 year residence card's atm. In thai culture, the wife follows the husband and she trusts my judgement and is behind me 100%. She deffo has not married me for money cause i dont have that much, haha. 

When it comes to benefits, we cant claim anything as my family are non EU citizens. I own a flat that lays empty and rent the house we are living in now. So housing benefit would not be option and no jobseekers for 6 months as i have quit my job and not been fired. None of this bothers me, the job center depresses me and i cant have someone talk condescending to me about looking for a job for £50-60 a week are whatever it is for jobseekers.  I would rather be filling in job applications over government claim forms any day of the week. I dont plan to be out of work that long. 

I was brought up in a single parent family and taught to take care of yourself, not to rely on the government handouts. There's nothing wrong with it for those who need it but i amable to work and think (hope) i will have another job soon enough.

I will wait until Monday to see what happens. I expect 1 of 3 things. 1, they make me offer i cant refuse. 2, they accept my notice and i work out my last 4 weeks. 3, they tell me to leave and pay me my notice period and whatever holiday's im owed. I would be very surprised if my notice was accepted with no meetings to try and keep me. Number 3 works best for me to be honest. 

4 hours ago, jayboat said:

I will wait until Monday to see what happens. I expect 1 of 3 things. 1, they make me offer i cant refuse. 2, they accept my notice and i work out my last 4 weeks. 3, they tell me to leave and pay me my notice period and whatever holiday's im owed. I would be very surprised if my notice was accepted with no meetings to try and keep me. Number 3 works best for me to be honest. 

I am a little bit creative here , 

whats the odds for number 4 options ? Promise you a promotion after maybe  after few months 

if your option 1 good offer means wages increase 

jayboat likes this

17 hours ago, jayboat said:

The wife is a thai national and my kids were born in thailand. They are living here on 5 year residence card's atm. In thai culture, the wife follows the husband and she trusts my judgement and is behind me 100%. She deffo has not married me for money cause i dont have that much, haha. 

When it comes to benefits, we cant claim anything as my family are non EU citizens. I own a flat that lays empty and rent the house we are living in now. So housing benefit would not be option and no jobseekers for 6 months as i have quit my job and not been fired. None of this bothers me, the job center depresses me and i cant have someone talk condescending to me about looking for a job for £50-60 a week are whatever it is for jobseekers.  I would rather be filling in job applications over government claim forms any day of the week. I dont plan to be out of work that long. 

I was brought up in a single parent family and taught to take care of yourself, not to rely on the government handouts. There's nothing wrong with it for those who need it but i amable to work and think (hope) i will have another job soon enough.

Reading this post you may of fell for the old trick of 'he needs this job so we can treat him like sh-t'.  Maybe your next job don't let them know  your family situation.  A good company would not treat you badly anyway, IMO they are squeezing every bit of juice out of you while they can, you have done the correct thing, the ball is now in their hands if they think they can do the same to someone else they will except your notice and you have been spared a heart attack or other serous health problems.  Good luck anyway.      

Edited by Pipers
jayboat and Pampfan like this

Best of luck mate , i was in my last job for about 10 years and grew to hate it , i used to sit and dread going into work every night . it really stressed me out . In the end i said to my Mrs i cant do this anymore and surprisingly she told me to jack it in as she could see how miserable it was making me . I didn't go in that night and went in the next day to tell them I wasn't going back.

The very next day i got a phone call from a factory i had applied to about six months before and had heard nothing back from , i went for a interview and started that night , I'm still there 14 years later.

Sometimes things just work out so i hope it does for you as well mate as if you are in a job that you end up taking home with you it really is the pits and can easily drag you down. So best of luck 

Pampfan, jayboat and shortstack68 like this

On 4/22/2017 at 19:54, fehk2001 said:

Any updates ?

Late reply, but still there. My manager called me into the office and we talked for about an hour. Around a week later he come with a pay rise that i refused. I gave him a BS story and he knew it. He has kinda ignored me since, its nice :)  Have applied for 1 job 2 different times since (email problems 1st time) and am eyeing another now. Trying to be selective as i want to move to a place i can work until i retire. 

Agpanda and fehk2001 like this