• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 Niue Athenia Owl 1oz Silver $2 Stackable Coin

IOSILVER

What does everyone think of the 2017 Niue Athenia Owl 1oz Silver $2 Stackable Coin? Looks very different to any other bullion I've seen recently. Half and half about buying any mind. Just wanted to know peoples opinions on it.

agco10271.png

1 minute ago, Bullionbilly said:

I really like them. Its cheapest bullion coin ATM aswel at gs.be.

Have you got any? I'm thinking of buying a few. Do they stack well as I've seen some comments on videos that they aren't that good at stacking against each other.

I bought 2 at goldsilver but they are still in the vault there. 
I also considered buying 1 or a few tubes as they are super cheap (cheaper at the maple's)
But i wasn't very sure about these. 
I see them being sold at ebay about 20-25 euro the piece. 
I got mine for €18

I bought 5 with my last gs.be order, 3 for me and 1 each for the kids. Mine have a 1-2 very, very small chips on the design but hardly noticeable. They stack up ok and at the end of the day, they are cheap bullion. I would have them over phils are maples any day of the week. I plan to add a few to every order until i have a tube's worth. If anything, they will bring down the avg cost per oz for each order. 

I would recommend to get a few if you can :) 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

5 minutes ago, jayboat said:

I bought 5 with my last gs.be order, 3 for me and 1 each for the kids. Mine have a 1-2 very, very small chips on the design but hardly noticeable. They stack up ok and at the end of the day, they are cheap bullion. I would have them over phils are maples any day of the week. I plan to add a few to every order until i have a tube's worth. If anything, they will bring down the avg cost per oz for each order. 

I would recommend to get a few if you can :) 

Yeah I'm thinking of buying some in the next week. Dissapointing about the choked ones for you. ?

They are cool. Nice utility stackers & with a hint of flair too. Unsure how they will carry premiums. I believe they will become a firm favourite though so on that basis alone sure worth nabbing a few. 

C'mon, it looks like it was designed by moon-worshipping hippies. I personally think it's one of the fugliest designs I've ever seen. Take it for what it is - bargain basement cheap silver.

If you want appreciation then go for something where the odds are considerably more in your favour.

And I have to defend the Maples - I'd take them over this mess any day. At least they don't have any comic sans.

The design of the owl face of the coin is pretty close to the original coin, the Silver Owl Tetradrachm of Athens. 

85000349-2.jpg

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/info-vault/articles/athenian-owls.html

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Got a tube of theses just a stacking coin like most silver coins about 4 have marks out of the 20 wouldn't pay much of a premium on any silver coin with the risk of them spotting the mints gotta sort it out

• 1 month later...
On 2017-6-14 at 00:33, LewisRichards said:

So its been a while now. I have received one and taken my chance with it to get it graded with Numi. What do you think of the coins after you've received them?

I kinda like them to be honest... Maybe in a real, a little bit geeky way, but they look okey. Besides that, with the price that they are going for at like GS.be you don't have to leave it... Today at 16,86 euro... 

Archived