• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Member, ThoseBackPages

ThoseBackPages

Howdy!

I've been a "Graded" Sports Card collector for the last 12 years (non graded since 1980ish) and im a regular on many card forums.  Not sure why, but in the last month i began to think about coins.   Figured..... eh, read up on it, you know about slabs and such, give it a go.   Well, what an awakening!  SOOOOO much to learn, only 24hrs in a day! LOL

i still don't know how much i'll get into it, but as a hobby-ist, it's always good to learn new things.   Won my first coin about three weeks back on eBay, a 64 JFK PCGS63.  Ran me $12.52/dlvd.   Not the best of shape, but better looking (to these untrained eyes) then the raws that seem to sell for $9ish.  At the very least i own a 90% silver coin, and i get to see what the slabs are like in person.

TPGs may "cost more" when buying, and heaven knows they are not perfect, but they offer a certain peace of mind when buying, especially online.

i like the idea of buying Modern 1oz Silver Coins in MS69s.  Like anything else in life, It all depends on price point.  if i can get a MS69 for $7 over spot delivered, i think that's pretty cool.

i do not buy MS70s because of the real fear of spots, which kill the 70. (of course if they are at spot, i'll risk it! LOL)

i don't have much interest in old coins, but one never knows, that may change sometime.  

Anywho, that you for having me here and taking the time to read my dribble :)

If you ever have any sports card questions, i'd be glad to help the best i can. 

-Eric

Archived