• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen's Beasts: What Would Happen?

forgottenmemorie

This is a three part question:

1. When the Queen passes, what do you imagine will happen to the price  of the coins?

2. If the Queen passes before the end of the series, would they still release the rest?

3.Does anyone think that there will be a glut of Beasts for sale in the future which will hamper resell price?

Love to hear your thoughts..

I don't think those coins will increase in price when the Queen passes, she is on so much coinage that it wouldn't make sense.  I'd guess the Queens beast coins would continue business as usual as well.  Just my thoughts.

I think there is a law that says they cannot use the Queens portrait on a coin once a new monarch is in place. Presumably, as this is the 'queens' beast coins, the series would then stop.

I was wondering this myself. Would be a bit weird to have Queens beasts without the queen on but also a shame to end the series part way through.

If there are 10, does that mean it's expecting to run to what.... 2021? You would think it's a strong enough possibility she won't still be around by then that someone would have considered it....

I asked this question with regards the "in circulation" coins when at the royal Mint. The tour guode was adement that Charles refuses to sit for his official coin portrait before the queen passes. Now the Royal mint is a 24/7 operation making 8 billion coins per year...they cannot just stop the day she passes...

I personally think that it would be right to carry on this series with the queens head and be done with tradition of only the monarchs head on the coin. Make it an omage to the queen as it were.

As to what it might do to the value of the set and coins...no idea!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

They would call the coins, Coronation Beasts. They would have the same beasts brought back for Charles or whoever they park on the throne. 

i doubt it would make a scrap of difference to the value of the coins when QEII fell off the perch.

i am actually disappointed about the silver coins with the amount of milk spot being reported, the expensive capsules and the damage to the obverse portrait on many.

i have collected multiples of both gold and silver coins of all weights and now i've started i suppose i will finish. The coins should all be in their own capsules from the mint and then i suspect there would not be so much damage. They should be getting the Perth Mint treatment. With milk spot and very poor quality control the aftermarket prices are likely to be poor for some time to come if not for always.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 hours ago, CanadianStacker said:

I don't think those coins will increase in price when the Queen passes, she is on so much coinage that it wouldn't make sense.  I'd guess the Queens beast coins would continue business as usual as well.  Just my thoughts.

2 hours ago, greenrizz said:

I think there is a law that says they cannot use the Queens portrait on a coin once a new monarch is in place. Presumably, as this is the 'queens' beast coins, the series would then stop.

2 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

The beasts were at her coronation so that's why they are the Queen's beasts.

I don't think it matters who is on the obverse.

2 hours ago, Scuzzle said:

I think this is why they have decided to churn them out quickly, is it 3 a year or 4 a year?

2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

That doesn't make sense, if it's the QUEENS beasts and then Charles steps on the throne it would no longer be the queen on the coin. This is one of the reasons I believe this series was accelerated to 2 coins per year incase anything did happen to her because the RM would be left in the lurch, there is no coinage I know of with a deceased monarch on it (British anyway)

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I asked this question with regards the "in circulation" coins when at the royal Mint. The tour guode was adement that Charles refuses to sit for his official coin portrait before the queen passes. Now the Royal mint is a 24/7 operation making 8 billion coins per year...they cannot just stop the day she passes...

I personally think that it would be right to carry on this series with the queens head and be done with tradition of only the monarchs head on the coin. Make it an omage to the queen as it were.

As to what it might do to the value of the set and coins...no idea!

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

They would call the coins, Coronation Beasts. They would have the same beasts brought back for Charles or whoever they park on the throne. 

i doubt it would make a scrap of difference to the value of the coins when QEII fell off the perch.

i am actually disappointed about the silver coins with the amount of milk spot being reported, the expensive capsules and the damage to the obverse portrait on many.

i have collected multiples of both gold and silver coins of all weights and now i've started i suppose i will finish. The coins should all be in their own capsules from the mint and then i suspect there would not be so much damage. They should be getting the Perth Mint treatment. With milk spot and very poor quality control the aftermarket prices are likely to be poor for some time to come if not for always.

What are thoughts on this one.. (Can a coin be too popular?)

3.Does anyone think that there will be a glut of Beasts for sale in the future which will hamper resell price?

3 hours ago, greenrizz said:

Does that only apply to UK? Because the RCM released the WWI and WWII aircraft series with the portraits of both Kings (George V and George VI) before Elizabeth II.

are they still minting the lion.

Are the coins only minted until the next one is released,for the year or will they always be available.

There might be a difference between circulating and legal tender coins. I know the dancing on the head of pin that the £20 coins generated. Seems similar kind of nuance. 

I think most of us have forgotten royal mint is a private company now , 

when the queen pass away they can market it as something cheesy like 

Memorial --queens coronation 

they must have signed some sort of contract with the contractors

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

22 minutes ago, Moi said:

There might be a difference between circulating and legal tender coins. I know the dancing on the head of pin that the £20 coins generated. Seems similar kind of nuance. 

The RM produces coins for collection which although legal tender are not intended for general circulation. All circulating coins are legal tender.

A coin is legal tender or else it would be called a round or medal/medallion.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

The beasts were at her coronation so that's why they are the Queen's beasts.

I don't think it matters who is on the obverse.

+1  

4 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

No, because we're talking about the QUEENS BEASTS and not Henrys women

I'm actually considering selling the ones i have and not bothering with them due to highlighted problems

As a novice collector (and this may be a no-brainer to you more seasoned collectors), I think this is why a bullion example slabbed and graded MS70 is going for $500+. But what if that MS70 you paid top dollar for then starts milking in the slab? Would it still command that high a premium?

To the comment about the RM being a private company, I kinda feel like all the mints are operating like private companies. They're churning out collector coins faster than I can earn money to buy them all and many are coming straight outta the gate with hefty premiums each with its own shtick about why you must have it in your collection (maybe it's always been that way...).

why you must have it

--- memory of qeii 

--- first time In British history two monarch on the same series 

--- last of the queen 

proof silver  105 pounds limited mintage ONLY 15k 

Gold  proof quarter 650 pounds ONLY 5 k mintage 

>>>>>>>>>Déjà vu<<<<<<

None of them are beasts of the Queen. The griffin is a symbol of Edward III and, his son John of Gaunt, used the greyhound. If the Queen does die before the end of the run, I should think, if need be, they would call them Royal Beasts.

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I'm selling my Red Dragons, stepping out of the 2oz and beasts in general, i have 30, 3 tubes

May I :D I want ONE , good one if you can 

7 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

No didn't get caught up in the frenzy, they are a good buy, the nicks and dings piss me off though, its as simple as that

Vac seal them , dig a 20 meters deep hole at the back of your  garden , tell your great great great grand kids , that will help 

Archived