• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Nanjing Panda 2017

The Nanjing Panda has been minted each year from 2014 and in 2016 was particularly popular. With the recent preponderance of pandas I dont know how 2017 will do but i feel that the series now has sufficient critical mass for it to be a staple. The mintages will once again be miniscule in 2017 (same as 2016 in fact) and they sold out in moments in 2016. They graded well in 2016 with a fair number of 70's and I thought I would start the thread in readiness so we can add more info as it becomes available.

58e7a32dde206_nanjng17.thumb.jpg.97b3451a19535c8ba7c9930664a2ab58.jpg

So in a break with tradition we will see the Xuanwumen gate on the reverse with the leaning lazy panda in a recumbant pose watched over by a traditional dragon decoration and sticks of bamboo to the side.

Mintages are likely to be:

Brass 199

Copper 99

Silver 199

Brass Antique 30

Copper Antique 30

Silver Antique 30

Availability to be determined but likely to be via Luckymoneyro with pre-orders available for the eagle eyed.

This medal collecting is getting expensive but i will be getting a set of these beauties...The dragon on a panda coin is different and i love dragons..The gate looks amazing...Just hope the medals look like the drawings and not look like the 2014 Nanjing panda.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Nanjing Panda 2017 is available to pre-order from Lucky www.luckpawnshop.com the Silver Proof and Silver Antique is available now to order and other varieties will come along later this year. Mintage is 199 for Silver and 30 for Antique. Proof will be $130 and antique $300 same as last year. Antique will only be available to those who order 5 proofs.

59317af6dda82_PhotoJun0231315PM.thumb.jpg.6e4443dfaf33f49a2d209e60feb857c8.jpg

59317af574d66_PhotoJun0231311PM.thumb.jpg.8e2f0fd7ecc9ad7134e6c8d5c887f5f5.jpg

59317af896e0b_PhotoJun0231323PM.thumb.jpg.0d35f2206a1e44b1ab0609910a80ca4e.jpg

59317af7cbfcb_PhotoJun0231319PM.thumb.jpg.e3d794e2eb7724279e01b77b18b7f458.jpg

59317afa80313_PhotoJun0232244PM.thumb.jpg.5d5b8c1755323e7ea817d66f42f5a38c.jpg

All the Nanjing Pandas 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Yeah it's a shame I did the same..the spending $950 to get the antique put me off..the silver is nice but I think they messed up on the panda.The dragon is amazing as it's used alot but the panda looks too cartoon for me. Starting to spend my money wisely these days rather then just jumping in because everyone else is.

17 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Tell me more about your blow up panda experience... sounds intriguing and quite fun

My wife was once given a blow up sheep for her birthday at work.:blink:

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

And very wise words, just because someone else and a few others like something doesn't mean you have to. Look at the Peter rabbit now, everyone was tripping over themselves for 1, now they're for sale at issue price, glad i stayed away from those, another is the 2oz beast bullion, although i have hope for the Unicorn of Scotland in 1oz

Wise words about wise words. I am guilty of getting carried away sometimes. My 6 rabbits look down at me from the shelf and say "what were you thinking?" It can pay to be cautious and wait and see.

I don't think these Nanjing Pandas are the greatest ever design and I don't think they'll nearly as good as the 2016 design. The mintages are so low that I have no doubt they will sell out, but will they be a brilliant investment? Only time will tell.

I have ordered some of these but I think the brand-new garden panda series could be a better bet at the issue price.

2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

And very wise words, just because someone else and a few others like something doesn't mean you have to. Look at the Peter rabbit now, everyone was tripping over themselves for 1, now they're for sale at issue price, glad i stayed away from those, another is the 2oz beast bullion, although i have hope for the Unicorn of Scotland in 1oz

Many a time I have hesitated to buy what eventually proved to be the latest thing and a good, profitable punt, and missed out. Conversely, I don't think I have ever jumped in quickly and have it proved to be a mistake. You can take what you want from that.

Regarding the latest Peter Rabbit, prices may be depessed now but I don't think it will ever be a loser and I have grandkids if all else fails,:)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Speaking of the latest Peter Rabbit...MCM has them slabbed and graded PF69 UC for $149.

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/2017-great-britain-beatrix-potter-peter-rabbit-proof-silver-50p-coin-ngc-pf69-uc-early-releases-exclusive-great-britain-label.html

Just a data point in case anyone wanted one and missed the original release (and didn't pay $500 for one on eBay...)

I have bitten the bullet and ordered one of the silver ones! 

Dipping my toe into the medals market seemed like a fun bet for $130 but the $950 to get the antiqued version was just too big a dip/plunge!!!

I'm sure this little panda will be winging its way to you @Numistacker for grading! 

Thanks for sharing it with us all!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

9 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I think the next winner could be the garden panda but that's more risky as it's a first and it's an XSJ mint product

It looks pretty good but I guess it will look and feel very different when all mocked up in silver!

18 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I think the next winner could be the garden panda but that's more risky as it's a first and it's an XSJ mint product

IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3921.JPG

I dont mind taking a punt on first edition medals especially at the prices these will be.. it looks lovely.

34 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

I dont mind taking a punt on first edition medals especially at the prices these will be.. it looks lovely.

What kind of prices and mintage are these likely to be?

Seriously tiny mintage and seriously low prices ....

Silver proof ,mintage 99 ,weight 60g,price 99usd.
Antique silver ,mintage 59,weight 60g,price 109usd
Brass medal,mintage 99,price 30usd.
Antique brass medal,mintage 99,29usd
Copper medal,mintage99,29usd.
Antique copper,mintage 99,29usd

11 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Seriously tiny mintage and seriously low prices ....

Silver proof ,mintage 99 ,weight 60g,price 99usd.
Antique silver ,mintage 59,weight 60g,price 109usd
Brass medal,mintage 99,price 30usd.
Antique brass medal,mintage 99,29usd
Copper medal,mintage99,29usd.
Antique copper,mintage 99,29usd

Wow - and when is the release date? Also through luckymonero?

Archived