• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I'm 14 And Need Help!

Hey there. My name's Nick and I'm 14. Right now, I happen to be really poor (duh) as I have no job. I really want to get into silver stacking and right now I have 10 oz. But the problem is, like I said, I'm really poor. So I have two questions: How can I make some extra money? What are the best NUMISMATIC or GRADED coins that are cheap and affordable for people like me?

Thank you all for the help,

Nick

Hi Nick, 

Firstly welcome and well done for starting so young, Im sure you will be a master of the craft in no time :D

Have you ever thought about youtube and trying to make a few pennies doing videos? 

My father left me with a bit advice growing up that has held me in good stead. Buy the best you can afford, quality shines through in the end. 

Good look on your new hobby. 

All the best

Shaun

I do surveys for extra money, I use Mysurvey and Opinion Outpost, when I go to bed at night I put on Youtube interviews and listen to them in the background as I do the surveys.  Both pay paypal and half an hour every night usually gives me a tenner at least from each one sometimes more over a week.  Occasionally you get free stuff as well to try out and give your views on, Last month I got a box of free dog food, a multipack of some new Mini Cheddar biscuit (that was actually really nice) and some new Haribo sweets.

I use the Paypal payment to get an ounce of silver or offset the cost of some slabbed or semi numismatic silver every week or every couple of weeks.  I do Valued Opinions as well but they don't pay in Paypal so I take Amazon vouchers and I buy razor blades etc from them and the money I would have spent goes towards silver.  I've looked at the yearly activity for all 3 and it's around £400 for my half hour a night.

Fastest and easiest way is to find a life mentor.  Find someone who has been there and done it.  

Try to montise what ever your active interests or hobbys are to get some skin in the game learning how to earn extra cash.  I collected rock and pop memorabilia in my teens, learned to flip, buy and resell via early ebay.  My hobby is still my hobby now and still an income stream for me, a hobby has earned me many thousands over past 25 years   

Going forward, try to have interests that will normally earn you money and avoid the things that cost you money.

You will learn far more following your own interests and inclinations. read read and read some more.  The internet is like the library of Alexandria and in most cases is totally free

You will learn far more when you are outside the boundaries of academia and following your own path.

Don't believe anything TV/media/magazines/facebook/twitter trys to tell you you need. You really dont.  You dont need an iphone 8 - the world will still revolve without it

Read millionaire next door use amazon recommended reads and customer reviews

Read fast lane millionaire MJ DeMarco, whilst my life hasn't gone totally to has fast-lane formula.  Using his teaching i have upped my personal wealth, three fold in just over 5 years years

lastly, Dont go into debt.  Being free of its invisible shackles is something many in society cannot say.

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.”

Here is some simple mathematics to use through your life - if you like what you see, it only takes a seed to grow to a massive oak.

This is based on buying one full sovereign per month, at minimum

Start work 18 - retire at 65 (although it will be much higher in years to come)

This gives you x47 working years

x47 times x1 sovereign each month (x12) = x564 sovereigns in your nest egg, without really trying too hard

at current dealer buy back of roughly £230 per sovereign today gives you nearly £130,000 of value in you stack, if you had started in 1970 (x47 years back)

You will buy on highs but also catch the lows.

Guaranteed x564 sovereign will be worth "£ something" and will always have value.

If you like the sounds of this @silverslayerfan14 plant your first seed from your first months pay packet.

I have used sovereigns as the example, but you could use £ cash savings, pensions, stocks purchases.  Where you can benefit from compounded interest, just a shame interest % are so low these days.  Sadly sovereigns dont pay dividends and is a barbarous relic to some :(

Welcome on board.

The universe is big and there is still a lot to discover, so there is always a need for new idea's, inventions, businesses, art, music... 

Be creative and think of what you love to do, make or create. Look around in you area and see or hear what you can do better or improve.

A key to building wealth is to start thinking and creating of idea's how you can create value for others. For example; think about how you can a create companies/businesses.  Yes, you are not too young to start a business/company. There are kids around that have started businesses at your age. (Yes, you will probaby might hear that businesses will fail, which is true. But don't be afraid, the key is to learn from mistakes fast and that you always treat your people, staff and customers with respect).

Another idea that you could do, if you are good with you hands, try fixing something that you own or have bought and re-sell it (on e-bay or gumtree).

Or do you have any stuff, in your room/house (that's yours) that you don't need anymore... then try selling that on e-bay (You might need some one to setup an e-bay account). It's a great way to do a spring clean! :)

If you are good with the computer then learn how to code!

You will become rich if you change your words and mindset; You might want to reconsider that you are richer than you may think, Your stack value is about £180 quid. For some people that is a lot. For example for some one that could is food money for a good period. (Yeah yeah I know, I don't want to sound like a boring old parent, I'm not by the way... but you might see some value in that).

Think and start making your blue prints, plan and work smart. Go for it!

Take your time, don't rush. Aim for the moon and you always land amongst the stars and we might see you on the otherside.

Hi Nick, The fact is you have found your way to a forum like this at 14 so you have identified a willingness for more out of life than the sheep (most other people).  Just remember Its not where you start its where you end up.  Being poor is not nice but it will give you life skills that a middle class or rich persons won't have.  

Money does not grow on trees for 95% of the population so you will have to find a way to earn it,  at your age i was cutting grass for the OAP's, handy jobs etc. Do your best to position yourself to be in jobs that are in demand for example:- An engineer who is good at his job will always be in demand but a shop assistant can be sacked at a drop of a hat. 

For the here and now IMO try hard at school get the best qualifications you can, start researching your hobbies eg Silver/Gold, look to see what employment there is in that field aim high and what qualifications you need.

As for buying now,  If i was you I would buy a Britannia, Panda, Perth mint Koala, Luna series but do not back buy!  When your money starts to come in through your little jobs you maybe able to buy a 1/2 sovereign.  I would not buy anything fancy or slabbed.  If you ask in the wanted sales area you may get a better deal than buying from a dealer.  Until you are more experienced with coins i would stay away from Ebay.            

Agree with the posts but just remember you are only 14. At 14 I had a part time job & didn't save anything. I wished I had saved some. I also do not regret wasting it on crap or going out with mates. So what I am saying is good on you for getting into this hobby but also enjoy your social life etc & don't become a loner as such just trying to save for a coin.

1 hour ago, shawy2510 said:

Agree with the posts but just remember you are only 14. At 14 I had a part time job & didn't save anything. I wished I had saved some. I also do not regret wasting it on crap or going out with mates. So what I am saying is good on you for getting into this hobby but also enjoy your social life etc & don't become a loner as such just trying to save for a coin.

Sound advice ! You do need to save etc but life's for living.

You're only here once... enjoy it ! 

Iv made in the region of £500 buying large bundles of xbox 360 games and consoles. Selling everything separate for a region of £30 profit each time. Takes patience to sell them and time to list. But at the end of the day all time is money.

Archived