• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 Australia 1 oz Silver Swan

morezone

25k minatge.  Supposed to be a Bullion Money of Australia exclusive but Apmex will be getting stock.  Hope some EU dealers stock it too.

From the Perth Mint:

The Perth Mint has released a 1oz silver bullion investment coin featuring a mintage more in keeping with numismatic issues.

Limited to just 25,000 coins, the 2017 Perth Mint Silver Swan 1oz Bullion Coin portrays an icon of Western Australia.

Cygnus atratus, a black-feathered swan, was virtually unknown to the outside world until Dutch explorers visiting the Western Australian coast during the 17th century reported its existence.

In 1697, Captain Willem de Vlamingh ventured into and named the Swan River, which flows through Perth to the Indian Ocean, on account of the flocks of black swans in the estuary.

Settled by Europeans in 1829, Western Australia was originally called the Swan River Colony. Swan emblems soon appeared on official documents, bank notes, postage stamps, and on the original State Crest. As the bird emblem of modern Western Australia, it is represented on both the State Coat of Arms and State flag.

On the occasion of Western Australia’s centenary in 1829, The Perth Mint struck a commemorative medal with a swan motif by heraldic artist George Kruger Gray. The ‘swan rampant’ was selected to portray the spirit and character of the State at the time, and this design for many years also represented the Mint.

Today, we continue this tradition with a contemporary stylised swan logo known to investors, collectors and depositors around the globe.

2017 Perth Mint Silver Swan 1oz Bullion Coin

Struck from 99.99% pure silver, the coin’s literal design visualises the graceful bird in its wetland habitat. In classic profile, the portrayal displays the swans long neck, which enables it to forage for food on the river bed, with broad wings that span up to two metres tucked together on its back.

Perth Mint 2017 1oz Silver Swan Coin.jpg

BlackSwanSilverCoin525.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, mongo28 said:

What's the consensus? I might pick up a few... Anything from the Perth Mint will be a beautiful coin and especially the first in a series...

I like it a lot.  But at over £24 landed in the UK, I would struggle to justify the increased cost.

I picked up 5 coins, will probably send them in with my up coming NGC submission... If I like them in person I might pick up more for flipping... Rolling the dice on this one, but I like the sound of these... Perth mint and 1st in a series...

I think you might be lucky to get more, these seem to be burning hot......I got an email from one dealer advertising them, clicked on the link and they'd gone

Here in the USA APMEX they buy in such large qualities I'm sure they have 5,000-10,000 of these on hand... As they seem to be the only US distributor.

6 hours ago, mongo28 said:

The coin Shoppe out of Canada is expecting arrival around April 13th.

I think they're out of stock as they did have them available to pre-order yesterday and when I tried they did have 5 left.  I didn't bother due to shipping costs for such a small order.

31 minutes ago, mongo28 said:

They are the same company on eBay right now with a buy it now price.

I can only see Muenzdachs with a BIN of €44.95 + delivery.  If you're referring to this listing, then no, different dealers.

Archived