• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Photos of your coin display cases and boxes

I've got a few different display cases for my collection of proofs,I usually decant my coins into a display case and keep all the original packaging etc in shoe boxes.

Here's a Perth mint case for 2oz Bu kooks,but obviously it is OK for the proofs which is what i have in it.It will also hold the series 1  2oz lunars proofs and Bu's.

P1000228_zps2e53d146.jpg

P1000230_zpsa19260e9.jpg

It holds 18 2ozers

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I use two lighthouse L6 cases, each holds 144 one ounce coins.

I also have my Rymans special for the lunar horse family.

The L6's do take up a lot of space in the safe, and I'm looking for an alternative.

Stacker since 2013

I use two lighthouse L6 cases, each holds 144 one ounce coins.

I also have my Rymans special for the lunar horse family.

The L6's do take up a lot of space in the safe, and I'm looking for an alternative.

Lets see them Danny :)

The first picture is my bigger lighthouse case the same as Danny's. Room for 6 trays each holding 6 x 4 1oz range coins (144 coins). Picked it up in Lidl bizarrely for £12 one day. This one is my primary storage solution for silver and gold.

The second is a much smaller case. Room for 6 trays this time with 4 x 3 one ounce trays. This one is pretty much for other numi odds and sods. In future it might become the gold case maybe.

Just realise they're upside down, whoops.

post-108-0-30324500-1404032922_thumb.jpg

post-108-0-48208700-1404033069_thumb.jpg

Think the smaller one is called the S6 case Ares.

Lighthouse do the S6, L6 and L12. The L12 holds 12 trays so is basically double the depth of the L6.

I bought my two L6's from Lidl too, they usually stock them every couple of years.

Stacker since 2013

The first picture is my bigger lighthouse case the same as Danny's. Room for 6 trays each holding 6 x 4 1oz range coins (144 coins). Picked it up in Lidl bizarrely for £12 one day. This one is my primary storage solution for silver and gold.

The second is a much smaller case. Room for 6 trays this time with 4 x 3 one ounce trays. This one is pretty much for other numi odds and sods. In future it might become the gold case maybe.

Snap..

2 X Large Lighthouse for the main silver 1oz bullion. (6x4 6 trays)

1 X Small Lighthouse for the Proofs and other Numis (3x4 6 trays)

I don't bother holding my gold here.  Too much risk so they are in caps in tubes which are stored securely with my overflow investment stacks.  Does mean I don't get to look at them :(

Which must suck because you're a guy who likes to buy his fractionals if I recall correctly :(

Cheers Danny, I got given that one as a gift so didn't look into it for fear of accidentally finding the price :) now I can look for proper trays without finding a site which sells the cases. They're good cases. The smaller case - I think - can have the foam taken out from the lid so I could get a couple more trays if I put a thinner foam lining.

But the bigger case is the dogs b*llocks IMO, is a really nice looking hard wearing case which can be bought cheaply and can hold a significant amount of coinage. Trouble is if you start doing series the space fills out quickly, like I've got a tray specifically for PM lunar which holds 15 of 'em (1oz). That's a whole tray effectively gone because it's 'reserved''.

Can definitely see why people build up multiple cases doing it that way.

However seeing that gold collection posted the other day has really twisted my arm about perhaps a nice looking wooden case would be veeeery nice.

Here is the Westminster case which is fairly compact & versatile  26.5cms X 22.5cms X 4.7cms.You can get them with 4cms per sq inserts or 5cms per sq inserts which holds 20 coins and 12 coins respectively

This case holds 52 coins.

P1000263_zps6b5d47f4.jpg

P1000264_zpsc0ab229c.jpg

These cases can be picked up on ebay in good condition for between £15-£25

I needn't put a photo of that up then as i got the same one from lidl :lol:

I don't bother holding my gold here.  Too much risk so they are in caps in tubes which are stored securely with my overflow investment stacks.  Does mean I don't get to look at them :(

Snap I buy gold purely for investment not to look at, all my gold coins are with my silver bullion stuff stored elsewhere.I do have all my proofs here though as i like to look at them :) no point having a nice collection if you can't enjoy it.

Cheers Danny, I got given that one as a gift so didn't look into it for fear of accidentally finding the price :) now I can look for proper trays without finding a site which sells the cases.

Ares, you can buy the tray inserts for both sizes of case from here....

http://www.coingallery.co.uk/coin-cases-and-trays-15-c.asp

Cheap and quick shipping.

Also, the 24 coin tray does actually fit the 1oz lunars, so you don't need the 15 coin tray.

Stacker since 2013

Which must suck because you're a guy who likes to buy his fractionals if I recall correctly :(

I have this ready for my fractionals. 9 caps per page and 6 pages so 54 total.  First 12 will be for the Lunar series.  That will follow with the Kangaroo/Nuggets which will be on going.  Working from the back of the album will be the odds and sods but I think it only leaves me with a handful of spaces once everything is in.  Probably have to get another album next time I make an order from air-tites.

post-94-0-04838400-1404035212_thumb.jpg

Ares, you can buy the tray inserts for both sizes of case from here....http://www.coingallery.co.uk/coin-cases-and-trays-15-c.asp

Cheap and quick shipping.

Also, the 24 coin tray does actually fit the 1oz lunars, so you don't need the 15 coin tray.

Cheers! :)

We'll I dunno what to say, it's in the standard Perth mint capsule. The one I've got (1oz horse) definitely isn't going into the slots where my ASE can go, they're snug as a bug in their trays but the 1oz horse definitely isn't fitting. Whereas in the bigger slots it's perfect.

The RM horse on the other hand does fit.

Cheers! :)

We'll I dunno what to say, it's in the standard Perth mint capsule. The one I've got (1oz horse) definitely isn't going into the slots where my ASE can go, they're snug as a bug in their trays but the 1oz horse definitely isn't fitting. Whereas in the bigger slots it's perfect.

The RM horse on the other hand does fit.

Ares, the 24 trays that came with it don't fit the 1oz Perth Mint Lunars, but the ones from the site I posted do fit them. The squares are slightly larger.

Voila.....

6a2u6u4u.jpg

Stacker since 2013

Ahhh I see, I went in search of my box of other trays because I did get some from Amazon a few months ago but didn't open and you're right. The segments go closer to the boundary of the tray unlike the originals.

First picture is the original tray and the second is the new ones.

We'll, I swapped those out with the smaller trays at the bottom. Gunna keep the 15 until I max out the rest of the space ;)

post-108-0-37148500-1404036230_thumb.jpg

post-108-0-12679000-1404036305_thumb.jpg

This is my favourite case it is for the Sydney 2000 olympic proofs but will also take 1oz kooks as they are the same size capsules.The case is made out of Australian Jarrah wood and weighs a ton.

I bought the coins individually over 6 months or so and debated wether or not to buy a case.they make about $40 on Aussie ebay but the postage is $56,after a year or so I bit the bullet and bought the case and i'm glad I did it's fantastic.

P1000265_zpsd7ff1999.jpg

P1000266_zps991d7db5.jpg

There's a German seller on Ebay who makes customs cases from wood.  Really expensive but I bet they're top quality.  If only I had the money and space :(

Cheers Danny it is a beauty,re postage i thought i paid $90 odd dollars but wouldn't swear to that as there is one on Aussie ebay now and postage is $56

Cheers Danny it is a beauty,re postage i thought i paid $90 odd dollars but wouldn't swear to that as there is one on Aussie ebay now and postage is $56

It's worth it though, it's a fantastic case.

I don't mind getting display cases for lunars and wildlife as they are known numbers, but I can't do it for britannias / kooks / koalas as the box will become too small at some point.

Stacker since 2013

Got this a week or so a go from Germany,its the case for the 2oz lunar series 2 proofs which obviously OK for the 2oz Bu's as well,since I bought the mouse I thought I might as well have a decent display case for the Bu's :)

P1000267_zpsc50091e2.jpg

P1000268_zps208e7b8b.jpg

I don't mind getting display cases for lunars and wildlife as they are known numbers, but I can't do it for britannias / kooks / koalas as the box will become too small at some point.

I'd agree with that Danny,the Westminster cases or alu case are best for them.

Archived