• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold stacker

mr-dead

• Founder & Administrator

Loving the 100g gold Metalor bar.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used mainly for sever status updates)

Billysilver's Detailed Trading Guide - great info and tips for new members trading on the forum. 

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Are you not planning to diversify a little with some silver? I know the premiums are higher, but silver coins can be bought right now for what I believe to be a great price. And silver has more potential for a larger upwards move in the long term.

I am going to start to try buying a little gold as the premiums are much lower and much easier to sell large amounts (if I ever get large amounts) in the future. But I think that long term silver may turn out to be a better investment. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used mainly for sever status updates)

Billysilver's Detailed Trading Guide - great info and tips for new members trading on the forum. 

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I am going to start to try buying a little gold as the premiums are much lower and much easier to sell large amounts (if I ever get large amounts) in the future. But I think that long term silver may turn out to be a better investment. 

I have to agree there, however my aim is as the gold silver ratio gets lower I will start to convert my silver into gold. After all, it is easier to store 1oz of gold than 60 odd oz's of silver. Not sure yet what the figure I will choose before I start to swap over, but the ratio has been as high as 72 and as low as 32, in the last 5 years, With it sitting at around 62/63 at the moment, I'm thinking anything below 50 is worth moving over. 

When it gets to my retirement, and I slowly sell off my investments to pay for my exotic holidays and my beer. It will be easier on the old legs to carry a few ounces of gold to the dealers, than lumping kilos of silver for the same price.

If I purchased silver bars instead of gold it would be up to 36kg by now :)

Thats a lot of storage space!

The equivalent gold can be stored in a small case, and its not even full yet.

Edited by mr-dead

If I purchased silver bars instead of gold it would be up to 36kg by now :)

Thats a lot of storage space!

Storage isn't an excuse :P I am sure you can fit a couple of kilo coins in your safe at least ;)

Discounts / Offers

Just got caught out by the 5k/10k threshold limits.

Seems some of my earlier history in Atkinsons didnt show up in my online account history so went over the 10k limit by £200.

Have now had to submit all my I.D for verification :(

on the plus side got another quintuple sov and a 100g gold metalor bar coming :)

on the plus side got another quintuple sov and a 100g gold metalor bar coming :)

Can I ask, where you got the quintuple sov from. I think I prefer those to the new 1 oz Britannia coins. I've decided I'm sticking to sovs for my gold stack and I'd like to get a big sov once or twice a year.

Can I ask, where you got the quintuple sov from. I think I prefer those to the new 1 oz Britannia coins. I've decided I'm sticking to sovs for my gold stack and I'd like to get a big sov once or twice a year.

I got them from the special offer section from Atkinsons.

1st one was £911.62, 2nd one was £948.58 due to spot change.

They are out of stock at the moment though :(

The quint sovs are huge, pic below is a normal full sov vrs the quint -

gjC51bh.jpg

Edited by mr-dead

Seems some of my earlier history in Atkinsons didnt show up in my online account history so went over the 10k limit by £200.

Have now had to submit all my I.D for verification :(

That's some serious gold buying you've done through them.  You can't be far off 1kg now.  :)

I got them from the special offer section from Atkinsons.

1st one was £911.62, 2nd one was £948.58 due to spot change.

They are out of stock at the moment though :(

The quint sovs are huge, pic below is a normal full sov vrs the quint -

gjC51bh.jpg

That's it I'm hooked.  :D  I'm going to treat myself for my birthday later in the year, and get me one of those bigguns. Need to keep my eyes open on Atkinsons. Thanks mate. 

Chards have a shed load of every type of quint sovs (£5 coins), a little more expensive though -

http://taxfreegold.co.uk/wesellfivepounds.html

The quoted prices are based a lower spot rate so ytou would have to give them a buzz for current prices.

Yeah I'd seen those, but I'm certainly not daft enough to pay 10% over spot.. If I can get them for 4-5% over spot elsewhere I'll be buying. 

Was just thinking about this (although unlikely to have to worry about it just yet), if you go over the £10k threshold but have spread the purchase across multiple dealers, do you have any obligation to report yourself to HMRC or is it only if you spend over £10k from one dealer and then the onus is on them to get your documents?

Got my I.D sorted with Atkinsons but the 100g Metalor bar is on a 1-2 day lead time now so my order should be here early next week.

Have also just placed my first order with Coininvestdirect for my favorite gold coin, the Mexican 20 peso.

Love the Mayan calendar design of this one -

D9ClnJl.jpg

Must have had the last one is stock too as its no longer available on their site.

Ill post up some proper pics when they get delivered next week :)

Edited by mr-dead

Got my I.D sorted with Atkinsons but the 100g Metalor bar is on a 1-2 day lead time now so my order should be here early next week.

Have also just placed my first order with Coininvestdirect for my favorite gold coin, the Mexican 20 peso.

Love the Mayan calendar design of this one -

D9ClnJl.jpg

Must have had the last one is stock too as its no longer available on their site.

Ill post up some proper pics when they get delivered next week :)

Hi , i might have missed something here , but what was your id problem with atkinsons. I have bought from them and did not need to provide anything other than my debit card details.

Hi , i might have missed something here , but what was your id problem with atkinsons. I have bought from them and did not need to provide anything other than my debit card details.

If you buy more than £5k in one purchase or £10k over the course of a year from one bullion dealer. Then the bullion dealer must ask for a copy of your ID. I think they also have to report to HMRC. It is to stop money laundering / criminals. Right now the UK government probably have their eye on Mr-dead, and all over this forum :lol:

Discounts / Offers