• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

eBay Gambles

Shinus73

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

Don't forget even when using paypal and technically safe from losing money, its not worth giving away your address to anyone even remotely dodgy.

I've always used my work address for gold/silver purchases, as a sensible precaution.

He's only gone and removed all his items for sale!!!

I'm sure PayPal doesn't release funds for a number of days if the seller has got a very low feedback. I may be wrong.

Not even worth risking the purchase - all it takes is one funny PayPal decision and you're out £1k. 

He's selling similar coins to a scammer who was doing the rounds on Facebook recently; if any Australian 1oz coins go up on his page he is definitely dodgy.

sigh.

Fleabay. Don't waste your time.. life is too short. I go on there about once a month for kicks, and nothing has changed. Scammers and chancers who are trying to sell common BU for £22+.

Yet people keep insisting that they're gonna amass 1000oz at below spot because they're "canny buyers".

@Shinus73 you are being played like a fiddle, mate.

Ask yourself why you buy precious metals.. is it so that you can risk 10% downside to make 100-500% upside, or is it so that you can risk 10% upside to make 100% downside.

18 minutes ago, vand said:

sigh.

Fleabay. Don't waste your time.. life is too short. I go on there about once a month for kicks, and nothing has changed. Scammers and chancers who are trying to sell common BU for £22+.

Yet people keep insisting that they're gonna amass 1000oz at below spot because they're "canny buyers".

@Shinus73 you are being played like a fiddle, mate.

Ask yourself why you buy precious metals.. is it so that you can risk 10% downside to make 100-500% upside, or is it so that you can risk 10% upside to make 100% downside.

How exactly am I being played? My item will either turn up, in which case I've bought something at a reasonable price, or it won't, in which case I'll get my money back. Eyes entirely open.

15 minutes ago, MickB said:

To my surprise my purchase arrived this morning. Although he advertised a 2015 silver carded Britannia, a 2016 carded Britannia arrived instead.

2016 Britannia.JPG

These are like sovereign carded but it will still get u milk spots coz they are Royal mint silber 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

2 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

How exactly am I being played? My item will either turn up, in which case I've bought something at a reasonable price, or it won't, in which case I'll get my money back. Eyes entirely open.

Yes, I'm sure it will be that straightforward. 

2 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

These are like sovereign carded but it will still get u milk spots coz they are Royal mint silber 

The sovereign carded are made of plastic but this is actual card. 

2 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Atkinson pre owned 282 , new 292 

that seller sold the coin for 270 so it is 12 quid or 22 quid difference , not much difference isn't 

one PayPal funny decision you will lose 270 nevermind about the time used to fight the case 

1 minute ago, MickB said:

The sovereign carded are made of plastic but this is actual card. 

I have got them as well but in lunar carded , the Brit coin are protected by plastic 

3 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Atkinson pre owned 282 , new 292 

that seller sold the coin for 270 so it is 12 quid or 22 quid difference , not much difference isn't 

one PayPal funny decision you will lose 270 nevermind about the time used to fight the case 

I may be old fashioned (or possibly tight), but if you give me the option to pay £270 or £282 for the same item, I'll take the £270.

4 minutes ago, MickB said:

Mine could be fake then:angry:

Yours are real they are bulk orders created by rm just before June 

if you squeeze the side you should feel the plastic inside 

Easier to say plastic sandwich by paper board 

1 minute ago, fehk2001 said:

Yours are real they are bulk orders created by rm just before June 

if you squeeze the side you should feel the plastic inside 

That's reassuring:)

4 minutes ago, MickB said:

That's reassuring:)

These format worth more $$$$$$ than  lose brits when you re sell ..... just looks better 

nowadays rm will give u a 38.6 mm screw cap instead of card 

Go back to episode #1 of Hidden Secrets Of Money:

"Your true wealth is your time and freedom"

ergo... if you end up giving up part of your life fighting a dodgy seller, even if you get the outcome you want, this shyster has taken a part of your true wealth.. that is unless you actually like spending your time presiding over ebay disputes.

14 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

That's alright then.

There's really no need to get quite so defensive.  You are being extremely naïve, or worse.

You've either bought a fake, or it won't arrive.  Now if it's a fake, you're not covered by PayPal because they no longer cover gold.  Then you have to rely on eBay, which is quite the gamble to take with nearly £1000. 

Why waste 14 days without that £1000 to finish an eBay dispute, when you could just not deliberately buy fakes / scam listings?

This seller has now relisted more carded Britannias at the same price as before as well as 'make a bid' offer. Don't know why he withdrew them in the first place?!!

Archived