• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

the fake panda challenge

garthy

I'll go for A as the real one, but the thing is it is very difficult to judge from a photo, especially as the photos are not in identical settings

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

The legit 2012 panda has detailing of leaves (or bamboo shoot leaves sprouting from the bamboo rather than just the shoots) between the 1 and the 0. It's there on the first picture and not on the second one. I just googled 2012 silver panda and checked a couple of pictures of real ones.

That and I came across a webpage of fakes and a couple looked identical to the second.

Cheating, I know, but it's by far one of the best resources to look at.

I <3 internetz

Does anyone have fake panda at home? I would like to see some photos of fake pandas if possible.  I did not trade a lot of pandas and didn’t come across a fake one. Any fakes for 2014? How do you buy a fake? Online?  Only one or more? Can you get a fake in a sheet?

Tnx for the video. I believe it is quite easy to spot a fake from real, but if you are buying online this can be a problem.

What is with the certificate (in video)? Do pandas have certificate? I bought many of them in sheets and never got a certificate.

Does anyone have fake panda at home? I would like to see some photos of fake pandas if possible.  I did not trade a lot of pandas and didn’t come across a fake one. Any fakes for 2014? How do you buy a fake? Online?  Only one or more? Can you get a fake in a sheet?

left genuine, right  fake 1 and  fake 2 

more images and text (Swedish language): http://www.adelmetallforum.se/index.php?topic=2886.0

post-115-0-74493100-1403987347_thumb.jpg

post-115-0-74979800-1403987359_thumb.jpg

I buy my pandas straight away from a solid UK retailer when they're released, same with a couple other series. No backdating, no ebay, no nothing. I'm not that keen to get the rest ;)

Probably the wisest way to buy Ares,some of the German commercial dealers have a fairly decent back catalogue , but like you if I was a Panda collector i'd keep away from ebay unless you are a very experienced panda collector and know them well ( Pandas and the Dealer)

Probably the wisest way to buy Ares,some of the German commercial dealers have a fairly decent back catalogue , but like you if I was a Panda collector i'd keep away from ebay unless you are a very experienced panda collector and know them well ( Pandas and the Dealer)

True, true. Generally they're at their cheapest as soon as they hit the market too, but because i'm more of a collector i'm happy to pay the VAT for a single coin over paying for P&P from Europe, heck I think around that time of year it's going to only be a bundle of 3 coins so it's not worth going through Europe for me.

But imagine how glorious a full run of legit pandas would be though, THAT would be a sight to see.

But imagine how glorious a full run of legit pandas would be though, THAT would be a sight to see.

I'm sure there are a couple of members on here who could do that  :)

Pleased to tell you you all got it right, the smaller photo's the fake, here's both sides.

I'm ashamed to say I had this coin for about 2 months without realizing, looking at it now it seems so obvious. 

post-135-0-78475900-1404032028_thumb.jpg

post-135-0-13393700-1404032085_thumb.jpg

Pleased to tell you you all got it right, the smaller photo's the fake, here's both sides.

I'm ashamed to say I had this coin for about 2 months without realizing, looking at it now it seems so obvious. 

But you have learned Garth and I'll venture you'll never be stung again.

Archived