• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

poor me

i put a largeish order in  at the beginning of the month with the price dip. When it dropped again last week i put another order in -  it's safe to say I'll be on bread and water for the rest of the month ( semi joke)

just a reminder to all on here, don't get carried away, its not worth getting in debt to buy your metals ( or anything really) .Make sure you only buy within your means.

1 hour ago, Bullionbilly said:

Wise words to seasoned stackers and people new to the game.

I will gladly paypal you enough for a pot noodle or 2 should you get sick of bread :D

when you talk about noodle, I remember when I was a student  I use to spend only 5 pound a week for food, 2 pence per noodle from Tesco so 6 p per day  ( value brand ) and a bottle of Tesco concentrated orange per week , weekend I can have lunch meat or a bag of chips  ......... I was slim..... ( cough cough ) now turning into a panda.....

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

9 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

I put it into a little perspective tonight when i was sitting on the sofa with the Frau and said to her, my rooster 1oz Rwanda golld coin cost more than our leather corner sofa (only by €85) the look she gave me........... :ph34r: never tell the boss either, akward silence is never good

At least you should get a few day piece and quiet now!!!! Love the coin love the mintage price about right but wouldn't like to collect 12 of them

This is why I like strict monthly cost-averaging so much. It takes the agony out of short term price fluctuations. If you are lucky enough to buy on a dip then great, you get an oz or two more for your money, if the price dips and then recovers by the time you purchase then who cares - the dip was a non-event! If it carries on in a downtrend then great - you know that the next month you will be able to buy even more for your money! When take this approach during an accumulation phase then price volatility is actually your best friend.

I do also have a pot that I can make discretionary purchases with, but it is secondary to my cost-average strategy.

yes i saw a belangP YouTube video about how cost averaging is best for value. It doesn't work for me however as the cost of shipping  silver from eu is so high. I have to make do with two to four big (for me) orders a year.I'm still massively overpaying my mortgage so  my PM budget is quite modest.

12 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

It is a really nice coin, when i took it to the PCGS stand last weekend to hand over for submission the lady there was oooooooooh.........lol. I keep telling the boss she needs to trust me a little more :D

Sounds like you went to wrong stands, how many pieces of clothes she was wearing when you SUMMIT you gold coin??  ......... careful man, she might think this is service charge :D 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

It definitely gets out of hand before you know it be very careful about how much you spend we definitely do not need everything we buy think about it for a while no joke have a good time buy what you really want you know you're not going to get your money back most likely thanks Rich

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2017 at 10:29, 4Nines7Hills said:

yes i saw a belangP YouTube video about how cost averaging is best for value. It doesn't work for me however as the cost of shipping  silver from eu is so high. I have to make do with two to four big (for me) orders a year.I'm still massively overpaying my mortgage so  my PM budget is quite modest.

Some sellers will store orders for you and let you batch deliver them when you want.

goldsilver.be
celticgold

This is what I do - I make between 12-20 orders a year but only take 2-3 deliveries a year. 

interesting may look into that, as i use goldsilver.be if i am buying from europe    - thanks 

Archived