• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 Gold 1/4oz Griffin Queens Beasts Ms70

mongo28

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the grading results from my submission to NGC of 3 1/4 ounce gold griffins - 2 graded ms69 and 1 got the MS-70.  What a nail biter.  Will post pics when I receive along with the 1/4 ounce ms-70 dragon I bought from MCM.  

All three raw griffins were purchased from MCM. 

Just checked the NGC Pop report for the griffin - There are only 3 graded MS70.  The others which were sent in (63 in total - had 49 graded MS69 and the rest were all below MS69.  (PCGS graded 2 griffins - 1 MS69, 1 MS68)

So far for the lion - 90 were sent in with 39 receiving MS70 and 48 Receiving MS69, ( PCGS Has 76 graded with 63 MS69 and 13 MS70)

The dragon had 106 sent in with 28 receiving MS70 and 78 Receiving MS69.   (PCGS Has not graded the dragon yet)

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/g25pnd/

http://www.pcgs.com/pop/detail.aspx?c=4045&p=MS&t=3

Very interesting to see the grading of each coin to date.  It would lead me to believe that if a Griffin in MS70 came up for sale - It would create quite a bidding frenzy on Ebay.  MS70 Lions were selling for in the mid $550 in early January - Currently one is up for sale on Ebay with the seller looking to get $695. (I think over priced - but there are only 39 from NGC.) 

The MS70 Dragon currently on Ebay sold by MCM is going for $463 now - (Interesting as MCM claims to have 25 available - after they have sold 27 already. NGC claims that there are only 28 MS70 graded.  How can this be? Possible that this coin will be heavily graded ?)

Anyway - this is making me think I should get a few more griffins and try for more 70's. 

@shortstack68- not many have been graded of the three coins by pcgs - the majority of the lions graded by pcgs were submitted by paradise mint.

It seems the rest of the major  dealers are using ngc right now for the 1/4 coin. (MCM and liberty coins both had the lion - no one had the griffin - MCM has the dragon).

Are you gonna try grading any more?

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking at the ngc pop reports - still only 4 griffins at 70, 39 lions at 70, and an incredible 110 dragons at 70. 

As of now - there can only be 4 complete 70 sets put together - should go higher with the passage of time but we will see.

Just saw on eBay that there are pcgs70 graded 1/4 dragons.  

Looks to me that these are being heavily graded and dealers are asking crazy prices for them at this point for ms70. 

Wonder what one could get for a ms70 griffin since there are only 4 right now.?

Does anyone know what the next beast will be?

34 minutes ago, Pampfan said:

Just saw on eBay that there are pcgs70 graded 1/4 dragons.  

Looks to me that these are being heavily graded and dealers are asking crazy prices for them at this point for ms70. 

Wonder what one could get for a ms70 griffin since there are only 4 right now.?

Does anyone know what the next beast will be?

I got my 1/4 dragon on pre order for $420 They havent announced the next one yet but the full list is available 

Is there a page on the RMs website where you can learn more about upcoming releases?  I feel certain there is but my searches to this point have come up empty.  I'm most interested in the 1 oz Griffin Proof and the 2017 Britannia Proof.  Just curious if anyone has the scoop on when we might see these coins..

Archived