• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why are these so cheap

RareAGstrikes

2 hours ago, RareAGstrikes said:

Lots of inexperienced people bring out that old chestnut, silver is silver.

more experienced collectors who know the truth about Numasmatic silver would strongly disagree.

its the experienced collectors that are interested in rare highly collectable very sort after silver strikes for the long term. 

If if you think silver is silver then just stack bulk silver at spot, the other option is to go for the premium silver which is the option I'm interested in for the long term.

Josh, seriously, you're maybe 19 years old?  Why are you talking about experience? Half of your comments are copy and pasted from another forum and another poster...

I get that you're trying to increase the value of your coins, but you're going about this the wrong way.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

well.jpg.d494aaa20381359338ce1abd97a66a65.jpg

:)

Yes, Paul. You're clearly inexperienced in these types of coins. I think these inflated Numimatic coins are 'well' worth the plunge if you have deep pockets to fill.

[pun mode] :ph34r: ... no offence to all, just having a bit fun and a conversation...

Anyway, Jokes aside... spelling mistakes is ok online or social media... but a spelling mistake on a coin?! No way! Intentionally or not, that's just not acceptable in my books.

American and English spelling do differ, but silver is a global market and usually American English is the preferred most accepted. Even though it is anti Brittish message in the main, these design are antiestablishment on a global market. 

Democide, is referring to all governments who murder people for their own interests.

facebook groups into silver stacking are the best way these days to get info and buy and sell for free.

UK silver stackers are getting heavily into these antiestablishment controversial silver shield strikes. I love the fact that they are so rare only a few hundred micro mintage of each design. Far more potential for Numasmatic gains than less rare strikes from governments that are not even controversial or powerful. Most government strikes are so boring with no real message. Why would anybody want silver with the queens head on it, unless it looked like this.....

image.jpegWith all the wiki leaks vault 7, this is a very meaningful controversial powerful design, it's the more powerful designs in micro mintage that end up being very sort after in The silver shield guide

Who are you trying to convince?

Sounds like you're trying to pump these up for some reason, any vested interest?

These things are micro mintage for a reason, well two actually.

1. There aren't that many people interested in collecting them.

2. To inflate the price so that the private mints or designers can make more money.

We all went through the anti-establishment anarchistic phase or marxism when we were young, but almost always, we left it behind when we grew up. These things will be worthless at some point in the future when the current crop of young anarchist collectors grow up.

There are a lot of savvy stackers and collectors on this forum and this type of stuff has never moved well when any have been offered for sale.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

16 hours ago, RareAGstrikes said:

UK silver stackers are getting heavily into these antiestablishment controversial silver shield strikes. I love the fact that they are so rare only a few hundred micro mintage of each design. Far more potential for Numasmatic gains than less rare strikes from governments that are not even controversial or powerful. Most government strikes are so boring with no real message. Why would anybody want silver with the queens head on it, unless it looked like this.....

With all the wiki leaks vault 7, this is a very meaningful controversial powerful design, it's the more powerful designs in micro mintage that end up being very sort after in The silver shield guide

Please provide evidence to support the three ridiculous claims that you have made here.  I think we understand that you don't like the monarchy and view these coins as edgy and rebellious... But having been a member of these FB groups for a few years now, I can categorically say that 70% of all coins sold are government-issued bullion.  Another 10% are numismatics, 10% are bars and maybe 10% are privately-minted rounds. 

Guess which always struggle to sell... the VAT-incurring, non-government rounds.

I will throw my hat into the ring on this. I set myself the challenge of doubling my stack by the end of the year, I can speak from experience that these coins have a very limited market, they are faddy (thats not today they won't make money) and its more the hardcore collector who buys them. So I will back Clens92 up on this (I don't know the guy). To say that UK stackers are getting heavily into these is simply not true. 

Point two I will also address, I have been doing a pre-sale of the new QB series, I did 80 ounces of the Griffin before I had established my reputation as a trustworthy seller, I will be doing around 250 ounces of the red Dragon, point 2 is naive at best. Also its important to own British coins in the UK due to tax status. I often sell Brits, predominantly pre2012. Your argument is invalid.

Point 3, On a personal level I find these coins boring, its been done before and its being milked. With any product its the initial product that sets the standard that will command the premium later on, most of the other coins will fall by the way side and revert back to its intrinsic value. I have some micro mintage coins in my possession, they are 2004 to 2007 Kiwi coins in Original mint packaging. These coins are almost mythical however due to their rarity it makes them a hardcore collectors coin which puts the value at what people will pay, it also means on the sell side I lack liquidity if I want to achieve the maximum price. Do a test, put those coins up for the price you want and see how many people pay it, you will notice due to the lack of collectors (which has been addressed) you will have to lower the price to increase the liquidity of your coins. 

I am not someone who won't take a risk either, since the start of the year, I have bought 5 gram silver notes (120 in total), Ive bought chinese 80 gram silver medallions and Ive also bought 100 North Korean minted coin in brass and aluminium. Some of these have worked out and some haven't. I have a large variety of things I like to sell because I realise its horses for courses and different people have different circumstances and want to collect different things, but from experience this series is not high on the list. 

I admire your enthusiasm but to speak with such authority and rub people up the wrong way is not productive, I don't know everyone on this forum but I really admire and respect some of these guys, I even have some of them on whatsapp. I can genuinely say that there is some very knowledgable and coin savvy people on here, who will offer their time and knowledge for free if you ask nicely.

feel free to drop me a line anytime :)

Who are you trying to convince? Everybody is different and it sounds like you and I are more different than most.

it costs a great deal more per ounce to make micro mintage, if you make hundreds or even thousands then the costs go down per ounce, but so does the long term investment potential.

lets agree to disagree

and they are supposed to be offensive, that's the point, the more controversial the more attention and the value seems to go up in the silver shield shield guide. The guide prices are worked out by actual sales, as they get into stronger and stronger hands the values go up. Collectors looming for strikes they are missing in their collection have a hard time finding somebody who will part with such rare strikes.

i like this post.

These coins are almost mythical however due to their rarity it makes them a hardcore collectors coin which puts the value at what people will pay, it also means on the sell side I lack liquidity if I want to achieve the maximum price. 

This is true that if you want liquidity then cheap bulk silver is best, to get the most of micro mintage it takes time in the global market

Take this strike for example, only several hundred released in the entire world.

very controversial meaningful, offensive to the Rothchilds for sure.

this is the sort of antiestablishment design that's gets people into stacking silver who never would have before.

image.jpeg

I used to collect the SS rounds when they were bullion and mass produced.  Now that it's gone all secret handshake, micro mintage, proof, mixed finish combinations with more releases in a year than I have hot dinners I am no longer interested in collecting them.  

If you need to join the secret handshake club in order to buy them then they were never designed for Joe public.  Mintages are kept low in order to compensate for the crazy number of releases each year and to maintain the illusion of desirability.  If a product can sell 1000 pcs to it's members then why have mintages lower than the level needed to ensure everyone one can get hold of one.  After all they're designed to cater for this secret handshake club.  I could be wrong but it looks like it's to restrict availability to create the illusion of collectability knowing full well there was never enough stock in the first place so there would be instant flipping from day one.  Or.....it could be that there are only x number of people wanting to collect them anyway and since supply is controlled, anyone outside of this secret circle has no choice but to pay more and thus increasing it's price even though the item never actually sold out since it was all to order anyway.  So, based on that it only takes 10 people from outside the club to increase the price.  Does that mean there's a huge collector base and desirability for them?  Nope, just means a few people aren't in the club so have no means to buy except in the secondary market so some one was always going to sell at a profit to them.

This probably doesn't make any sense but I don't want to really waste too much of my time on this thread.  It's not for me.  It's not for 99% of stackers.  It's not for 99% of collectors.  It not for 99.9999% of the population really.

5 minutes ago, RareAGstrikes said:

I think it's incredible that we can have these anti establishment strikes made today, even the extremely controversial ones.

back in Ancient Rome you would have been killed

Today we call it freedom of speech and applies to pretty much everything.  Unless of course you live in a country where freedom of speech doesn't apply in which case you could still end up killed or incarcerated.

Just out of interest; you put a lot of these 'anti-establishment' coins up for sale on Facebook a few hours ago.  You have had zero interest so far - either your prices are too high, or the coins are just not that popular.

I could mint 1000 rounds with a swastika on them; that would be controversial and edgy... doesn't make them worth more than their weight in silver though.

1 hour ago, Clens92 said:

Just out of interest; you put a lot of these 'anti-establishment' coins up for sale on Facebook a few hours ago.  You have had zero interest so far - either your prices are too high, or the coins are just not that popular.

I could mint 1000 rounds with a swastika on them; that would be controversial and edgy... doesn't make them worth more than their weight in silver though.

Oh did I suggest a vested interest a few posts ago? Pump and dump. That's not what this forum is about.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

We all know the cheapest way to buy Silver in the UK is to Buy a 1000Toz good delivery bar!  The point I am making is who could store that bar/sell this bar.  

As far a private mints go I have a few coins from a few years ago and I will buy no more private mint silver and I as far as gold goes I have bought a few pobjoy mint eg Isle of man etc.  

Your point is offensive, you suggest that only serious stackers would buy the rounds you suggest as they are in the know, also you imply only serious stackers buy numismatic/ semi numismatic coins/ rounds this is also offensive to many longterm Gold/silver precious metal investors.

!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO INVEST IN GOLD OR SILVER WHO LIVES IN THE UK THINK BEFORE BUYING HIGH PREMIUM PRIVATE MINT ROUNDS.  THINK HOW WILL YOU SELL THE ROUNDS IN THE FUTURE.  

the Author of the thread has had to put a lot of work in to selling his rounds!!!  

If you buy Gold at near spot then you may not make a lot of money but when you come to sell you will have many buyers at near spot/fix price!       

On 3/13/2017 at 20:32, RareAGstrikes said:

I think it's incredible that we can have these anti establishment strikes made today, even the extremely controversial ones.

You can have them all as far as I'm concerned.  I have zero interest in buying any.

On 13 March 2017 at 21:17, Clens92 said:

Why do you think they are not selling? They are, I'm very happy with selling on Facebook. I'm not the only one selling silver shield but I'm one of the cheapest by far, but I've almost run out now, and I'm not selling my personal collection.

there are more and more good silver groups on face book and more people are getting into silver.

Archived