• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

HELP ! Dealing with an eBay Sheister

Pete

Seeking inputs from fellow forum members -

Today I received what was described as an "immaculate mint condition" silver Britannia 1997proof boxed set.
I am horrified to see the condition of 2 coins - see photos.

I contacted the eBay seller who replied stating that these were not the coins he sent.

Now I know this to be false as they are the exact coins, so what chance do I have through the resolution centre and is there a way of reporting fraudulent activity as clearly this seller is a liar and cheat ?

Britannia £1.jpg

Britannia 50p.jpg

Just click on return item, your covered by internet selling rules and id also start a case if you paid via paypal. Id look at paypal first as they 99% side with the buyer.

Hope this helps.

Id also if returning pay extra for guaranteed postage for your piece of mind.

Silverstacking.co.uk 

As Silverstan mentioned return by tracked postage as this is necessary for a claim - you will definitely get you funds returned - I would open a not as described dispute through Ebay - numpty seller - I doubt this was there first time pulling a stroke - what was there feedback like 

I bought this panda on 7/feb 

he never sent it or replied to my messages

but because his expected delivery time is 20/feb 

couldn't do anything til today 21/feb 

And now have to wait yet another week ,,

i know i will get my money back 

just makes me frustrated somone holding my cash for over 3 weeks ,,,, 

in your case open a return req and send them back recorded after he approves your return req 

you will get your money back ethier ways 

IMG_9983.PNG

IMG_9982.PNG

22 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

yeah.. but 

he had 113 positive feedback (years ago) 

and pics looked real 

Sorry to veer this off topic and Petes original problem but i may help all eBay buyers of gold/silver with my advice here below

@Sovereign Yeah, and these are the perfect accounts to get hacked.  Dormant accounts with established 100+ feedback, but no active selling (massive red flag)

As it is not active it is unlikely to tip off the original owner of the eBay ID

The items he has chose to list are all high tag (another red flag)

eBay Feedback these days now works on a rolling basis, it is no cumulative. he also has a previous negative feedback 

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=frenkcash&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=321112537514&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Last red flag his actual feedback for selling is only some 10+ items, fair due some positives are from coins sales, whoever the MAJORITY of his visually appealing positive feedback is nearly all from buying (another red flag when buying gold from ebay) 

Hope you both get your eBay issues sorted.  

Also to add, i think a lot of this due diligence that people should practice when buying from eBay is much much harder to do these days if you are buying usings mobile phones, small tablets.  and not using the full eBay set up on a desktop/mac or laptop.

It is so much harder to fully vet a seller away from the traditional PC

• Finding out the past selling, detailed feedback, a read of a few pages of feedback,
  • Is he using private listings, why ?
  • Are they stock photographs?,
  • Have the images been lifted from NGC/PCGS ? 
  • is feedback all buying and small selling ?  
  • Has the sellers bought many low value items for 100,000+ feedback mega cheap sellers to boost their rating to make them look better they are ?  
  • Are there any patterns or patterns with bad comments they get ?  
  • A seller cannot now leave a negative or neutral feedback for a buyer now, often by actually reading their feedback you can find very negative comments, that are left as a POSITIVE comments to alert others to circumvent eBay, use control + F to search a page of 200 feedback for key word "SCAM, RIP, TOOK, FAKE, FALSE" see it it shows anything up

Just taking a few mins to do this on any item you've identified as a possible purchase can save you hours or earache and hassles down the line.

Happy eBaying !

1 hour ago, Sovereign said:

I bought this panda on 7/feb 

he never sent it or replied to my messages

but because his expected delivery time is 20/feb 

couldn't do anything til today 21/feb 

And now have to wait yet another week ,,

i know i will get my money back 

just makes me frustrated somone holding my cash for over 3 weeks ,,,, 

in your case open a return req and send them back recorded after he approves your return req 

you will get your money back ethier ways 

IMG_9983.PNG

IMG_9982.PNG

And as an aside.. the coin is a fake!

I had a problem when trying to buy a Panda a few weeks ago. 100% seller, paid my money, via Paypal, nothing within a week. Well things can happen give the benefit of the doubt messaged, nothing, messaged again nothing. Opened a dispute, messaged again and 8 days later reported to Ebay again and money back 2 mins later money back. A good 9 times out of 10 Ebay will go with the buyer.

2 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

I had a problem when trying to buy a Panda a few weeks ago. 100% seller, paid my money, via Paypal, nothing within a week. Well things can happen give the benefit of the doubt messaged, nothing, messaged again nothing. Opened a dispute, messaged again and 8 days later reported to Ebay again and money back 2 mins later money back. A good 9 times out of 10 Ebay will go with the buyer.

I have also read on my travels a method like this is often used as the alternative to a pay day loan or to raise funds very quickly.  

Funds are in your paypal instant, instantly withdrew to bank, money used to fix broken {insert whatever emergency}, you know you get paid from job in a few days time, time comes to refund or dispute is opened.  Funds are there and then original transaction refunded.

You effectively have a short term loan of a decent chunk of change at zero % with no additional credit searches against your credit file

On 2/21/2017 at 18:14, SilverStan said:

Just click on return item, your covered by internet selling rules and id also start a case if you paid via paypal. Id look at paypal first as they 99% side with the buyer.

Hope this helps.

Id also if returning pay extra for guaranteed postage for your piece of mind.

Yes all true, but the downside to this is that the seller has options on their side of the 'Returns' process to reject the claim and file a case against the buyer for attempting to return goods that were not those that the seller originally sent.  The seller has protection too.

@PeteDo as other advice here suggests, document everything.  If eBay sides with the seller, go to your credit card company and ask for a ChargeBack on the grounds of the item sent to you being significantly different to how it was advertised.  Then they (seller via PayPal) can argue with your credit card company.

13 minutes ago, SilverSniper said:

Yes all true, but the downside to this is that the seller has options on their side of the 'Returns' process to reject the claim and file a case against the buyer for attempting to return goods that were not those that the seller originally sent.  The seller has protection too.

@PeteDo as other advice here suggests, document everything.  If eBay sides with the seller, go to your credit card company and ask for a ChargeBack on the grounds of the item sent to you being significantly different to how it was advertised.  Then they (seller via PayPal) can argue with your credit card company.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

I sent a detailed account with further photos to the seller through the eBay returns process as I assume all this material will be taken into account in the resolution process.
I am irritated by having to now wait 8 days before I can escalate to resolution even though the seller and myself are in total disagreement.
Nothing will happen between then and now so why can this not be moved up a gear ?
I called PayPal and they stated that this has to be sorted out by eBay following their procedures ( fair of course but frustrating when there are avoidable delays )
Since I used my Visa to credit PayPal I guess there might be some comeback from Visa as a last resort but not sure - hopefully will not have to go this route.

Do what shouldn't be done........... send him back a packet with some loose coins in then when I signs for it eBay will side with you.          Complete dog of a thing to do but he isn't playing fair either.     When you get your money back you can send them on, with or without a stamp

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

I sent a detailed account with further photos to the seller through the eBay returns process as I assume all this material will be taken into account in the resolution process.
I am irritated by having to now wait 8 days before I can escalate to resolution even though the seller and myself are in total disagreement.
Nothing will happen between then and now so why can this not be moved up a gear ?
I called PayPal and they stated that this has to be sorted out by eBay following their procedures ( fair of course but frustrating when there are avoidable delays )
Since I used my Visa to credit PayPal I guess there might be some comeback from Visa as a last resort but not sure - hopefully will not have to go this route.

As you funded the PayPal purchase with your Credit Card (CC), you can ultimately go through the ChargeBack process via your CC company.

Sorry guys - some of you have moved substantially off topic.
Thanks for the general advice though about dealing with eBay returns.

I noticed the scheister I bought my silver proof set from was selling a £2.5k gold Britannia set that was withdrawn for an apparent error, then a week later re-listed without any corrections, including original bad English and mistakes. Removed yesterday stating no longer available. Maybe he is getting the message !   Hope someone hasn't bought a gold version of my silver set.

Archived