• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

We Stack we know we do, Do any of your Friends or Family stack

Keithoil

Hi

We are all stacker's / Investors / Numismatists, call us what you like.

I carry some PM's with me in Qatar and have shown them only to a few people one of the Shift managers I gave his new born a UK silver Year of the Horse coin, now he is going to buy the Perth mint Lunar horse 1Kg coin!!!

Another guy a PCE (Process Control Engineer) he saw the coins Croc, Australian Horse, Shark, but when he saw the Zombuff wow can you get me one of those he said.

What reactions have you had or get from people.

Do any of your friends or family invest in Pm's or do you get an odd look when you tell people that you collect them for whatever reason!!!!

@HT

Yes I do not talk to it about people I would not trust, but the people I work with are thousands of miles from the UK.

But in hindsight there are very few people indeed who know I stack.

Do your family not know then!!!

I've been a collector of various things all my life. Stamps, autographs, Vintage toys. Film memorablia. They just think it's Dad's/Grandad's new "hobby". They'll get a big surprise, when I shuffle off one day and they see the will, (if there is any left of course), they are expecting bugger all. LOL

Non of my family collect THAT I know of apart from my young son.

I have a friend who collects purely 10 ozers.I've definitely influenced him as 10 ozers and 2 ozers are my favourite coin sizes.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I've tried to encourage a couple of close people to buy physical PM's, here are their reactions:

Mum: 'er, I think I'll give it a miss, thanks'

Dad: 'but gold is at an all time high lol'

Mate: made some joke about putting tacky sovereign rings on all ten fingers and quickly moved on

Mrs: initially called me Del Boy, then got quite interested when I explained the global situation. Once spot/premiums go up a bit and she sees how much I've made by doing basically nothing, she will be fully on board

People in the main don't really want to know. The same people say things like 'if only I'd known about Apple shares 15 years ago'. If you'd told them about it, they would have ignored that too. I probably won't be mentioning PM's again for a long time

• Founder & Administrator

I have a few friends who understand that gold and silver are currently good investments, but they don't have much disposable income at the moment. Though I think one friend is going to buy a gold coin soon, I let him know about HGM being a good place to buy as he premium is low. These friends though have an understanding of business and finance.

Most of my other friends, (even those of high incomes) aren't interested at all. But these are also the type of people who generally don't save at all, they all go on expensive holidays several times a year and spend most of their money drinking and partying at weekends. One friend even changes currency at the airport because 'it's easier' and won't change his ISA even though he is getting a terrible rate. So not exactly the most financially savvy people. I've given up trying to lecture these people on finance and business as they simple are just not interested.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

My dad got me into it all, he showed me his collection when I was around 11 and was pretty 'meh' about it, but I asked to see it again around 4 years after and it got me interested but that was '08. That hobby got put on hold for 4 years.

Archived