• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are you at your end game?

Are you somebody who has stacked metals away over your prime years and stacked on the lows in the past and have now reached the time in your life when you say enough is enough this is what i bought the metal for it is time to be off loading and enjoying the fruits of your labor.

If you are one of these, how did it pan out? how are you selling?was it all worth the effort?how much do you sell at a time?What was your final Oz total?If you had your time again what would you do differently if any? and the big one Did you come out on top?

I will let you into a secret, nobody sells, once you have been stacking for a couple of years, they have to pry it from your dead grasp. The longer you stack, the harder it is to let go. (If your a true stacker/collector )

I will let you into a secret, nobody sells, once you have been stacking for a couple of years, they have to pry it from your dead grasp. The longer you stack, the harder it is to let go. (If your a true stacker/collector )

Yes Dave, I reckon you are probably right.

I guess a lot depends on appreciation. I love all of my silver, but if the price went up to £100/oz, I wouldn't hesitate to sell at spot if that's the most I could get for it.

Unlikely, but it would certainly assist me in breaking the ties to my collection.

Stacker since 2013

^^^ This

Im thirty so could potentially have at least another 35 years till retirement.

I stack because i struggle to save cash, i spend it like its burning a hole in my pocket and always have done, I used to drink,smoke do drugs and gamble, all the things that really hurt your wallet, if i had put all the money i wasted on those things into PM I shudder to think what id have now..but i try not to regret because everything that happens in life shapes who we are. So for me my silver represents how i have improved my life and what i spend my money on.

My dream is to have my own home one day, or at least my own bit of land, and silver for me is a great way to save without spending, Also I know there is the potential for large rise in price from its current so its a good investment, i dont have enough to try the stock market and wouldent want to jump in now after its been performing so well for so long, So when the time comes to sell i wont have a problem letting any of my silver go, i use it as a form of savings and when i feel the time is right i will sell it in a heartbeat. 

Hi Madhatter, a lot of the things you talk about ring true with me also. I too prefer to use silver as a savings scheme, i have tried saving cash but always end up spending it. What makes me laugh is some of the comments on you tube silver stacking videos where people say silver stackers are going to be sorry when silver does not go up in value as much as we think. I know that if i did not buy silver with that money it would disappear in to thin air with nothing to show for it, so in my book anything i get for my silver is a good thing. I almost feel like i am rescuing some money from the big black hole that sucks all the rest of my cash in to a big void never to be seen again. I think its all about having the right mental attitude.

I know that if i did not buy silver with that money it would disappear in to thin air with nothing to show for it, so in my book anything i get for my silver is a good thing. I almost feel like i am rescuing some money from the big black hole that sucks all the rest of my cash in to a big void never to be seen again. I think its all about having the right mental attitude.

Couldn't agree more  :)

Hi Madhatter, a lot of the things you talk about ring true with me also. I too prefer to use silver as a savings scheme, i have tried saving cash but always end up spending it. What makes me laugh is some of the comments on you tube silver stacking videos where people say silver stackers are going to be sorry when silver does not go up in value as much as we think. I know that if i did not buy silver with that money it would disappear in to thin air with nothing to show for it, so in my book anything i get for my silver is a good thing. I almost feel like i am rescuing some money from the big black hole that sucks all the rest of my cash in to a big void never to be seen again. I think its all about having the right mental attitude.

So true smokestack

I don't know where it comes from but we humans seem to have this unrelenting urge to spend spend spend, whether it's a natural urge or some evil scheme drummed into us as kids, I used to sit at home thinking to myself "what can I buy?" even though I really didn't need anything I just felt the need to consume, and my lust for want became a need, now more by luck than judgment I think we've found the cure.

I often regretted some of the stupid things I've spent my hard earned money on in the past, but one thing's for sure, I never have and pretty sure never will regret buying gold and silver, so pleased I found it!     

I remember when silver hit $50.00, I had bought all the way up to $40.00 . It was going up by $ a day , sometimes $ an hour. I remember contacting a seller on ebay.com , offered him $40.00 an oz for 10 bars he was selling at $45.00 each, he told me that if I did not buy them at that price,someone would. By the time I received the return email ( minutes) they were sold. Then I thought I must sell some bars, good money being made(resell on ebay.uk for bigger mark up) But that little voice said , wait if it's $50.00 ,it will soon go to $100.00 , everyone says it will,all the experts . The rest is history . Anyone that can pick the high point and the low point (spot) is both a liar and an idiot. When you have a stack you will always wonder where the top is , and you will mostly be wrong

If you are in retirement and you have made the decision to start off loading that is the top(the end game)regardless of spot price it is what the plan was all along a storage of wealth because 1/ we spend like water as mentioned above.2/ we like to spend as mentioned above 3/ it is an alternative to saving as mentioned above.

As long as we get to a point in our lives regardless of age or spot price and we have an accumulation of wealth we have succeeded.

I have mentioned a few times i am out @ £30 i will be in profit, if it goes higher so be it, but i would of made a profit.

Retirement is Plan C, £30 is plan B. 

Keeping the sum of capitol till retirement is plan A.If it is in metal or in the bank i don't mind as long as it is there.

Being in metals is a great way to save it takes a lot more effort to spend it.

I relay have that urge to buy some silver now.lol damn addictive this pirate thing.

I relay have that urge to buy some silver now.lol damn addictive this pirate thing.

Now how many people in the world can claim that saving for the future is "addictive" . That's the good thing about PM's, You're spending money and saving money all at the same time.

I cannot afford to sell right now as I would be loosing far too much having bought a serious amount when the metal was near its peak AND forums similar to this were blogging how silver was heading even higher !

Right !!

Big mistake and I regret it now as my losses would make your eyes water.

I don't know where it comes from but we humans seem to have this unrelenting urge to spend spend spend, whether it's a natural urge or some evil scheme drummed into us as kids, I used to sit at home thinking to myself "what can I buy?" even though I really didn't need anything I just felt the need to consume, and my lust for want became a need, now more by luck than judgment I think we've found the cure.

I often regretted some of the stupid things I've spent my hard earned money on in the past, but one thing's for sure, I never have and pretty sure never will regret buying gold and silver, so pleased I found it!     

I did the exact opposite I was addicted to saving and investing the max into my equity ISA and PEP before that & other equiites for about 20 years.I was used to a tight spending regime whilst building my business up and continued that regime often denying myself things I could have bought & not even noticed the money going.

I then relented and bought most of the daft cars and motorbikes people desire.Mind I did have a very decent dividend stream from my shares which at the time enabled me to fund things easily.

The point is a happy medium is a more sensible route through life spend a bit save a bit

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Archived