• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver bullion and coins

Silverhunter

Hi guys I'm new to this forum but I have been collecting silver and gold bullion for over a year all my purchases so far have been from us sites but I can see on here a lot of people use european sites just a few questions 1) are these sites legit and had anyone had any problems with them ie import duty? 2) anyone had any Chinese fakes from any of these places excluding ebay ofc which to be honest I would not touch with a barge pole.

thanks silverhunter

4 minutes ago, Silverhunter said:

And if any one can tell me how to edit post titles it would help lol.

Go into edit on your 1st post and you should be able to do it.

I have used goldsilver.be a number of times and i think its a 1st class service. The price you see is the price you pay no import etc. To transfer money one of the forum faves is transferwise and if done through topcash back can net you a few quid for the effort.

15 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Go into edit on your 1st post and you should be able to do it.

I have used goldsilver.be a number of times and i think its a 1st class service. The price you see is the price you pay no import etc. To transfer money one of the forum faves is transferwise and if done through topcash back can net you a few quid for the effort.

Thanks will take a look

If you're looking for a particular piece of bullion, check out gold.de - they compare prices for a lot of German dealers and you can usually find good deals there.
I don't think you'll find any fraud dealers listed on gold.de but as always, do your research before dealing with a dealer for the first time.

As for customs: assuming you're in the UK, you won't have to pay customs/import duties as long as you're buying inside the EU.
No-one knows what will happen post-Brexit of course, but that's a future worry for now :-)

46 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I've never had any problems with German dealers, they take their PMs seriously. No duty or VAT to pay from the EU.

Do not buy Chinese coins esp pandas on ebay. You will get most of what you want here.

I wouldn't buy anything from ebay too many videos of fakes  I'm terrified of buying anything that might ruin my small collection. Here's an example I was buying a small gold bar this week 2.5 grm from a uk dealer that is mentioned on this site and they only had perth mint the day before I was watching a few videos all mentioning that he uk is flooded at present with fake perth bars the shop only had this brand in so I didn't end up buying it and I went for 1\10 maple and small sunshine mint bar from. My usual stateside dealer perhaps I'm just too cautious for this game lol

Re: SILVER I've used silver to go (site sponsor here) several times in the past and are super reliable quick and easy, you can even pay in pounds sterling to save bank to bank transfers or card fees

Re: GOLD, you are right to be suspicious of eBay if you are new buying.  

Stick to established UK dealers for you gold, if you are worried about possible fake from a UK dealer, i would recommend you use Baird & Co (GOLDLINE.co.uk) they are established since the 1960s, stable check on companycheck they have millions in cash, millions in assetts, and solid balance sheet.  They are LMBA approved refiners and mint their own bars.  Have used Baird several times without any issues

OR use Sharps Pixley in London and is owned by leading German gold refiner Degussa which is also a LBMA approved refiner

So if you are buying brand new bars from either of the above - they will be direct from source and no breaks in ownership custody  

Other good UK dealers who gets the thumbs up in no particular order of preference Atkinsons bullion, Hatton Garden Metals, Chard, Bullion by Post (expensive)

43 minutes ago, Paul said:

Re: SILVER I've used silver to go (site sponsor here) several times in the past and are super reliable quick and easy, you can even pay in pounds sterling to save bank to bank transfers or card fees

Re: GOLD, you are right to be suspicious of eBay if you are new buying.  

Stick to established UK dealers for you gold, if you are worried about possible fake from a UK dealer, i would recommend you use Baird & Co (GOLDLINE.co.uk) they are established since the 1960s, stable check on companycheck they have millions in cash, millions in assetts, and solid balance sheet.  They are LMBA approved refiners and mint their own bars.  Have used Baird several times without any issues

OR use Sharps Pixley in London and is owned by leading German gold refiner Degussa which is also a LBMA approved refiner

So if you are buying brand new bars from either of the above - they will be direct from source and no breaks in ownership custody  

Other good UK dealers who gets the thumbs up in no particular order of preference Atkinsons bullion, Hatton Garden Metals, Chard, Bullion by Post (expensive)

Thanks for this it's all usefull info  although I've been buying for a year that's no time at all to fully know what I'm doing

thanks

Hi guys and gals,

I am also new to this forum,i am from Australia and been collecting silver gold for the last 2 years.I was interested in getting a perspective on silver and gold buying from your side of the world.I cant believe you pay a vat on your purchases.Would that apply if purchased from credible bullion dealers in Australia and posted to Europe.

9 hours ago, Silverhunter said:

Thanks for this it's all usefull info  although I've been buying for a year that's no time at all to fully know what I'm doing

thanks

i just realised i forgot to mention you also have our own Royal Mint Bullion provide their own in house refined bullion. 1,000+ years established so cant get much more established than that

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/

from their site  : "The Royal Mint is one of the world’s leading mints, producing all the coins of the United Kingdom and is trusted with developing currency for more than 60 countries around the world, making it the world’s leading export mint. Today, The Royal Mint is an innovative and modern mint with state of the art facilities, machinery, equipment and techniques, based in Llantrisant, South Wales. The Royal Mint has a history that spans more than 1,000 years, with its roots in the ninth century and is one of the world’s oldest institutions, with a trusted reputation."

Archived