• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

for those that buy pm,s on fear on world fear

craig12

id like to ask the stackers(and this includes me) 

not appealing to anyone collecting coins, or date runs, or buying silver to pass on to grandchildren , or to buy for pension pot

purely a question for stackers who are buying p,ms for dollar crash/bank crisis/ etc etc

if nothing happens and by some miracle  the world economies improve 

WILL YOU SELL ALL YOUR SILVER AND GOLD ?

and stop stacking

There are so many reasons why things could go tits up,a back up plan in life is always a good thing,if the main reason you stacked has changed you can justify it with other reasons very easily. 

Take a look at world peace at the moment,so many scenario's could arise from there.

Craig12 if there was total world peace, no debt, and interest rates were at the correct level eg 5-7%.  I do believe that is the question you are asking,  it's a part of a question you have to ask before investing the other being the opposite.  

That is why most people have a balanced investment plan.

No I would not sell all my silver and Gold, remember if the price collapses it is a great buying opportunity esp for hard commodities.

BUY LOW SELL HIGH!  you can hold PM's for years and years its not like they will go off or need maintenance    

excellent point, ares , ive made a few offers on some e bay stuff only to be told jog on , but hey  its like shares  buy low 

and what goes up....

ive just managed to buy 3 oz silver  £40 and the seller kindly gave me 3 copper rounds / if silver goes up I feel ok  if silver drops  I feel ive overpaid

craig12  what's your plan here because you talk about a miracle needed for world economies to improve so I take it that you believe they won't, hence why you stack.

So based on that assumption why then do you say in your last post that if silver goes down you feel you've overpaid.  Surely, if you believe the current economic system is going down the pan then you won't worry about a drop in silver because when things do go pear shaped you will always own something that can be sold (i.e. the silver you stacked now)

How do I know when nothing has happened? How long do I wait until I am complete sure?

It's a bit like when people ask me on the streets "Have you got any spare change". Spare money......? Well, I don't know, I haven't finished living yet!

(Actually I always give change to people in need, I just hate that question for logical reasons! lol)

Theoretically..... you know God appears in a vision and declares "Nothing has happened!!! And what's more, it isn't going to happen!!!" then I suppose I would keep some of the collection, sell the generics. Become an actual proper collector, funded by selling my 'cheap silver'.

In a word - No.

I'm in this for the longer haul and since that's too far away to predict economic trends then I'll keep on stacking.

I was told by someone once that economic cycles tend to be 7-10 years i.e., seven years boom, ten years bust (or there abouts)

Don't know how this will pan out in the modern age but, we'll see.

Politics and economics plays out over decades, sometimes it takes a century or more for the true implications of one event to come to fruition. I will never sell all my silver because I've become quite attached to some of it regardless of why I started stacking.

If the price gets too high to buy, then its time to sell, and the "investment" portion will be sold when the time is right. Nobody knows when that will be, and it may not be in my lifetime so in that case I will pass it on. 

Archived