• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How would you introduce PM's to your kids?

I mean from an educational angle, as in how would you teach your kid the basics around precious metals, the importance and value of such things and hopefully planting the seeds for future understanding of wealth preservation away from fiat currencies and savings accounts with paltry interest rates?  

For me, it's all about fun in the beginning.  Getting them interested in the colours, faces, animals etc and then in future them seeing how a toy can be bought for x pounds Sterling or x grams of silver or gold, then as time goes on how you need more and more currency to pay for the same items.

Interested to know if anyone has ever actively educated their kids in this area, or if not what your suggestions would be.

I haven't actively educated my son (he's 10) but he likes silver coins. Exclusively animals or birds,I started off buying them for him for Christmas and birthdays but he has conned quite a few coins out of me.

But he did buy the 2000 Aussie Olympic proofs himself and now his collection is 55ozs made up of mainly 1ozers and a few 1/2 ozers.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I haven't actively educated my son (he's 10) but he likes silver coins. Exclusively animals or birds,I started off buying them for him for Christmas and birthdays but he has conned quite a few coins out of me.

But he did buy the 2000 Aussie Olympic proofs himself and now his collection is 55ozs made up of mainly 1ozers and a few 1/2 ozers.

do you think he has any inclination as to the importance of stacking such metals as a store of wealth?  Or at the moment do you think it's 100% purely down to the fact he likes them aesthetically?

do you think he has any inclination as to the importance of stacking such metals as a store of wealth?  Or at the moment do you think it's 100% purely down to the fact he likes them aesthetically?

No he knows they are worth fiat but he just likes the look of them.I'm not pushing him into collecting if he gets fed up that's fine by me but at the moment he is quite chuffed with them.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

A previous post talked about the value of (or lack there of) rounds.

Zombucks, (Provident Metals) was a clever gimmick to market private rounds,

which rides on the fame of a very popular TV show "Walking Dead".

I took advantage of this situation by introducing my daughter to silver investing.

She is a big fan of the show and because the coins were "money for the apocalypse",

she became a "Zombucks" stacker.

The value of Zombucks rounds (to me) is much more than spot + premium, It's something that has helped to change my daughter's perspective on precious metals.

Now she understands the value and need to invest in real money and all I can say is...

Zombucks, Thank You...

As you can see from a previous post,

I used Zombucks, to introduce my one daughter to silver, as for my other daughter... still looking for a hook

Archived