• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Questions every stacker should know

Cornishfarmer

1) what price to sell (what has spot got to get to)

2) where to sell stack ie eBay/dealer/private

Seems to me lot of people (including me) enjoy the buzz of buying but don't know when or where to sell on. We will hold on just a little longer because spot will be a highernext year. And our wives will have a bloody good life spending it when we are gone (after they get over the shock of what we have accumulated!!!

Seems to me lot of people (including me) enjoy the buzz of buying but don't know when or where to sell on. We will hold on just a little longer because spot will be a highernext year. And our wives will have a bloody good life spending it when we are gone (after they get over the shock of what we have accumulated!!!

Bloody hell, that describes me to a tee!!!

I have no clue how I will liquidate, but this is the only way I can save money / preserve wealth so I'm just doing the best I can for the moment.

And you are right, the wife doesn't have a clue how much I'm accumulating.

As soon as I hit my goal, the safe gets sealed long term and for all intents and purposes, forgotten about.

Stacker since 2013

Bloody hell, that describes me to a tee!!!

I have no clue how I will liquidate, but this is the only way I can save money / preserve wealth so I'm just doing the best I can for the moment.

And you are right, the wife doesn't have a clue how much I'm accumulating.

As soon as I hit my goal, the safe gets sealed long term and for all intents and purposes, forgotten about.

Ahh you have a goal.::::: one further than me. (Really?)

Ahh you have a goal.::::: one further than me. (Really?)

Yes, I have a set goal for silver.

Once that's done, I'll move onto something else (if I can drag myself away).

No fear, it'll probably be gold anyway, but my silver goal is a fair distance away yet.

Stacker since 2013

Sell in retirement or @ £30 silver, re-buy on a dip.Repeat.till i retire.Aged 51 now got a mortgage till i am 75,because i had a good job got made redundant now got a good job with crap money i had to extend the mortgage to make the monthly payments affordable, so a regular sale of silver will boost the budget in retirement.

I relay should be stacking harder than i am.

2, Would be dealers (unless physical silver and gold becomes more popular and new ways of selling become common)

Have you ever considered a traditional auction house?

Fews years back sold two dozen sovereigns plus some tubes of Maples and alike via Lockdales of Ipswich. Done a comparison of dealer, Ebay etc and in the end went with them. They were/are happy to negotiate on the fees if you have volume to sell.  

Similarly they grade,catalogue and market the coins so you get access to the collectors via their database and who hopefully are looking for what you are selling. Prices reached were in excess of dealer prices, and the fees were comparable with ebay/PayPal. 

I think price to sell depends on the economy, if there's a spike in silver with no real reason I think I'd off load some, but if the price goes up to say £50 and there's a good reason like high inflation I think it's wise to hold on to it, best not be sitting with a load of fiat when inflations running high.

Where to sell is something I've never really worked out, Arthgoch mention the auction house, never thought of that one.

As far as selling is concerned, I have thought about paying for a table at a large coin fair.

If you have 500+ ounces, that would probably be a table filler.

All cash, untraceable etc etc.

Stacker since 2013

I like the Auction house and the coin fair sale.

Boot sales are out, if silver is at £40-£50 you will still get the clowns offering £5 for a coin that is inherently worth £40-£50 (silver content alone) that is with out any numismatic value, thats when the fight started!!!!

Archived