• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Chinesemedals - Awful Service & ebay Feedback Manipulation

Orchestral

Hi all,

Some of you will be aware of the bad experience I had purchasing from chinesemedals.com, if you read the 'Non-fiat Lunar Panda Questions' thread that I started.

If not, in summary:

Andy of chinesemedals.com refused to mail the medals I had purchased from him on ebay (& also pre-ordered privately) because I had returned an earlier coin from him that I wasn't happy with due to chips, the new medals which I thought were already in the post due to the fake tracking number he’d provided weren’t posted at all. Eventually he sent me low resolution photos saying they’re not perfect coins, accept them using the photos or don't but no refunds or returns if I agreed to receive the medals (that I had paid for a month prior).

I’d say this was just about my worst buying experience(s) ever, so naturally I left negative feedback for chinesemedalscom on ebay (first time I've ever given negative) due to the poor experience,

Andy promptly 'bought' medals from himself and left himself positive feedback.

See for yourself here: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=chinesemedalscom&ftab=AllFeedback

Dodgy or what guys? Caveat emptor!

Andy did eventually refund me, it took two payments though because it seems he initially had forgotten the full amount! :rolleyes:

Ps. I eventually picked up the medals I was after from ebay user naomi01225 and could not be happier.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure many Chinese sellers are completely brilliant, but I just wouldn't risk it.   There's no recourse against them, in a state which effectively endorses widespread forgery and IP-violations.

Glad you got your refund, and his pathetic attempt at positive feedback is very obvious to see.

Which feedback are you saying is fake?

The "private" ones?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

12 minutes ago, Kman said:

All the ones that say "great to work with" and are from himself, chinesemedals

i clicked around on the feedback and wherever it was i was looking i didn't see that.

This immediately follows the negative feedback. - i presume this is an attempt to push the negative comment down the list. 

I have sold a few things on ebay. I would say i was a very conscientious seller. I had complaints that things were broken in the post or they didn't work. i sorted them out but considering the microscopic profit i was making i ended up losing.

The system is loaded in favour of the buyer on ebay. I didn't get any negative feedback but if you do you have a hell of a job to get rid of it and your account can be stuffed. i am not condoning creating feedback to push the negative comment down the list but i do understand where it is coming from. This is not an attempt to inflate positive feedback.

Personally i have had very good dealings with Andy.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

My two penny worth

I like Andy and make a point to understand what his motivations are.

He is coming to this from a different cultural mentality.

If others declare war on him he will defend rather than appease

I have never had a real problem or non delivery from Andy or his partner Barsanault or Chinese Medals.

Andy's great merchandise is available from dealers often at a slightly higher price but with better customer service so that may be the way to go.

Andy does not like selling via eBay due to the costs. He uses eBay as a shopfront to Chinesemedals.com he has very little eBay feedback relative to his true sales. Any neutral or negative comment earned or not earned can kill his business.

You all knew I would jump to Andy's defense but I hope what I said was neutral.

I really do not want Andy or his partner to perceive our great forum as a perpetual source of aggravation and negativity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never dealt with Andy so I'm looking at this as a potential customer.

As most purchases go through without any problems, it's fine for these customers to jump to the defence of the dealer and say they had no issues. However, it's when things go wrong that you can judge a dealer and assuming this issue panned out as the op outlines, I find the conduct of Andy inexcusable.

If Chinese dealers take on the task of selling these expensive medals UK they need to take more care with their quality control and say up front that they aren't perfect. Anyone paying the vast premiums for these medals has every right to expect perfection unless they are correctly described.

57 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Andy does not like selling via eBay due to the costs. He uses eBay as a shopfront to Chinesemedals.com he has very little eBay feedback relative to his true sales. Any neutral or negative comment earned or not earned can kill his business

All the more reason to take extra care with ebay customers. If he doesn't want the negative feedback he should behave better when things go wrong. The self-feedback is pathetic and totally inexcusable.

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

He is coming to this from a different cultural mentality.

If others declare war on him he will defend rather than appease

Hardly an excuse and certainly not a recipe for successful dealings on ebay.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

@sovereignsteve I can't see any evidence that he left feedback for himself. Can you? I have asked for confirmation as I just see an account and I don't know who has that account.

I think that the negative feedback left by@orchestral is excessive and the use of the word fake is probably wrong. I have seen sometimes the wrong number can get given and I have had this happen to me on two or three occasions from two or three different Dealers. It does not mean that the number itself is fake it merely means that the wrong number was accidentally given. If this is the case then the negative feedback was incorrect.

I will so I believe that and he was quite within his rights to cancel further orders and refund the money which he did.

2 hours ago, Numistacker said:

I think that the negative feedback left by@orchestral is excessive and the use of the word fake is probably wrong.

Wrong. The tracking number was given for items that he hadn't ever posted. If it wasn't a fake number, what was the tracking number for exactly?

As Numistacker correctly points out.

The ebay account for Andy is Chinesemedalscom - it has a reputation of 46

The account which SOLD to Chinesemedalscom is called chinesemedals with a reputation of 478.

There is NO evidence here that this is Andy's account. 

What we see is an ebay account called chinesemedals selling to Chinesemedalcom. 

Do you get a tracking number before an item is sent? If so you could arrange for something to be sent, get a tracking number and then decide not to send it. 

This has become something of a vendetta. 

Wrong. The tracking number was given for items that he hadn't ever posted. If it wasn't a fake number, what was the tracking number for exactly?

I have lost count of the number of tracking numbers I have been given for items that do not track for days. Most systems generate numbers in advance. I had a delivery from Andy today delivered by DPD courier first thing this morning.

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

@sovereignsteve I can't see any evidence that he left feedback for himself. Can you? I have asked for confirmation as I just see an account and I don't know who has that account.

Actually, good point. The 5 feedbacks all saying "great to work with" are from 5 "private" purchases made by Andy from a seller called "chinesemedals" that has actually been active since 2001 and it says based in the US. I think it's too big a coincidence that these appeared immediately after the negative feedback was given by the OP. It's possible that there is no connection I suppose:ph34r: but I would guess it's either the same person or someone with whom they have a long standing buying/selling relationship. The use of the term "great to work with" seems unlikely otherwise, hardly something you would say about someone you have simply purchased from?

There is also another "great to work with" feedback from another buyer at around the same time.

I have never seen this term used in feedback on ebay before.

Too many coincidences but I will be happy to eat my words if shown to be jumping to conclusions.

3 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I have lost count of the number of tracking numbers I have been given for items that do not track for days. Most systems generate numbers in advance. I had a delivery from Andy today delivered by DPD courier first thing this morning.

i have recently placed 3 orders with Lucky. i get tracking numbers from paypal. i cannot get them to work.

I got a tracking number for items in transit now from Andy, as it turns out the tracking number does work.

10 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Can you maybe upload the tracking number that you said was a fake? Only asking because some people here have said track numbers haven't worked for days

As I said, the tracking number was for items that he later (almost a month later!) refused to post unless I accepted them based on photos as 'No returns or refunds'. I'll find it out for you in a sec.

As I said, the tracking number was for items that he later (almost a month later!) refused to post unless I accepted them based on photos as 'No returns or refunds'. I'll find it out for you in a sec.

Surely in that case the tracking number I was genuine it is just that having issued the tracking number he decided against sending them to you.

9 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

The other thing i would say is the part about NO REFUNDS or RETURN. I'm sure if any person was/is unhappy with a purchase then a seller has to take it back and refund, ebay make sure of that as is strongly favours the buyers.

I think it was perfectly reasonably for him to give the no return ultimatum. It is in no one's interests for these expensive items to be winging their way backwards and forwards between the UK and China. Rather than send low res photos which could create suspicion, he would have been better off just say " shall we cancel the sales and refund.

33 minutes ago, Orchestral said:

Had the dispute with Andy erupted before or after the tracking number was issued?

From my experience, depending on the service used, you get a tracking number before the items are sent. So the shipping is paid for, you get the number and normally then send the item.

However i suspect in this case there is dispute going on so Andy holds onto the package. The dispute does not settle. He offers to send the item on the condition it is accepted on the basis of photos. He decides not to send the package at all so the tracking number doesn't work.

Today I received my tenth item purchased from Andy at Chinese medals

The service provided by Andy has been excellent. I had one medal that I requested to be replaced, Andy was very efficient and accommodating offering multiple options and solutions. I received the replacement today.

To date my experience with Andy and Chinesemedals.com has been a very positive one.

Archived