• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Looking to buy 2017 1/10 gold Elephant

LittleMan

Hi guys.

Last year I picked up a 2016 1/10 gold Elephant for £105.05 inc delivery.

I have just been shopping around for the 2017 coin and the cheapest I can find it inc delivery is £132.64 from coin invest.

This seems like quite a price jump.

Most the UK suppliers and a lot of the European suppliers are currently out of stock of this coin.

Do any of you more experienced buyers offer any advice? Is it worth waiting for the UK sellers to get some more stock? Will they get more stock? Or does anyone know where I can pick one up cheaper?

Thanks.

If you paid £105.05 inc delivery spot price was probably £200 less than what it is today.

With EU coin price around £115 ex delivery and Atkinsons price of £126 when in stock, £132.64 is reasonably from CoinInvest with the higher postage cost from Germany.  Premium on 1/10ths is around 15-20% so the maths based on current sport is about right.  If you want it cheaper, spot needs to be cheaper.

Thanks guys.

Obviously spot and exchange rates have had an effect but the cost of this coin seemed to have increased more. I did a bit of digging through my old receipts, for my 2016 order the postage cost was spit with some other coins. So that's why the cost seemed to have jumped so much. :blink:

Every £ counts on my stacking budget so I will email Atkinsons and see if they are getting any more stock.

Thanks again.

10 hours ago, Mcgrimes said:

Buying gold at 35% over spot price is never good advice.

Would you pay £1350 for the one ounce?

How long will you have to wait to recover the premium?

I might pay £2000 and more for an ounce, if it was in the right format.

Welcome to the world of numismatics.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

6 hours ago, sixgun said:

I might pay £2000 and more for an ounce, if it was in the right format.

2 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Only £2k, LOL :)

i omitted to say what "and more" was - i just did a sum on a recent buy and it worked out :o a little bit more than £2000/oz - like twice that.

Do i regret it?
Do i think i was rash or foolhardy? 
No i don't. 

i am sure you are pulling my leg as i am sure some sovereigns purchased worked out at breathtaking per ounce valuations

This is the world of numismatics

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

5 hours ago, sixgun said:

i omitted to say what "and more" was - i just did a sum on a recent buy and it worked out :o a little bit more than £2000/oz - like twice that.

Do i regret it?
Do i think i was rash or foolhardy? 
No i don't. 

i am sure you are pulling my leg as i am sure some sovereigns purchased worked out at breathtaking per ounce valuations

This is the world of numismatics

:)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived