• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold somalian elephants & mintages

ChrisSilver

• Founder & Administrator

I can't seem to find mintages for the 1oz coin somalian elephant coins. Does anyone know where i can find them?

Also, what year did they start? Previous years seem to be very hard to find, I am not necessarily looking to buy past years but would just like to know a bit more about the series as I am planning on buying from 2014 onwards.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

To answer my own question :)

I think the gold Somalian elephant stated in 2006. Mintage on coins up to 2011 is 1850, I presume that is maximum mintage opposed to actual minted.

Recent years I am unsure about, but I believe the gold elephant to be a gold investment with a potential to increase in collectors premium, and also quite a beautiful series. I will definitely collect these moving forwards. Just need to start with the 2014.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 months later...

I found this. I bet it's rarer than hen's teeth.

Uptil now I assumed that 2013 was the first year for 1 oz Somali gold ellies.

And it's on sale now. Where are you Morezone?

http://www.muenzenmueller.de/Bullion/Gold/1-Oz/Somalia-Republik-1000-Shilling-2011-Elefant-1-Oz-in-Gold.html

£1200 ish. Bit too much for me.

I found this. I bet it's rarer than hen's teeth.

Uptil now I assumed that 2013 was the first year for 1 oz Somali gold ellies.

And it's on sale now. Where are you Morezone?

http://www.muenzenmueller.de/Bullion/Gold/1-Oz/Somalia-Republik-1000-Shilling-2011-Elefant-1-Oz-in-Gold.html

Nice find.

That is about a 50% additional premium to the current year. (Actually slightly more) which confirms why I believe the gold elephants to be good investments.

Discounts / Offers

Been trying again but this mint is notoriously cagey and more often than not just ignores you. Was even told no comment by their MD about six months ago...

They probably have the mintage open. So in the future if the series gets popular they might be cheeky and do some remints. It's business after all, so if the demand is there and they haven't released final declared mintages then why not.

Discounts / Offers

Archived