• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Should I get the 1/4 proof gold Queens Beast?

Kman

I have a feeling it is due to quality issues again ( maybe ) they  stop production or it will come back later , but seems like they have a really tight production schedule this year 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, KDave said:

I have had a reply from the mint reference mine and they are happy to send a replacement. So if its sold out, where is the replacement coming from...?

Might ask for a refund instead lol. 

May I ask when did they reply your email ? I had mine send back on Friday now I may not get mine back ..........

it has tyre marks 

It sounds like the 500 was a deal with MCM or govmint. I expect that they will emerge in the next month slabbed with a special label.

1 hour ago, fehk2001 said:

May I ask when did they reply your email ? I had mine send back on Friday now I may not get mine back ..........

it has tyre marks 

They replied this morning and said they would replace the coin and refund the postage cost of returning it. I am half a mind to ask for a refund, but if there are lots of defective ones about then it might be a decent investment to get one that is of good quality and hold onto it until the series is established. 

3 hours ago, Pampfan said:

Very interesting as the 1/4 oz gold is the only one to sell out from the lion series.  

From watching the RM website since they were issued, they sold about 300 to the public

Where the others have gone, who knows 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 hour ago, Kman said:

From watching the RM website since they were issued, they sold about 300 to the public

Where the others have gone, who knows 

dealer probably has half of these but not sure how many they have return , because first few days 1100 ish gone

then 300 to the public from rm site

then last week 500 gone, yesterday another 560 gone

RM ebay coininvest sold out same day as well

if we add those number above that's around 2500

Just now, fehk2001 said:

dealer probably has half of these but not sure how many they have return , because first few days 1100 ish gone

then 300 to the public from rm site

then last week 500 gone, yesterday another 560 gone

RM ebay coininvest sold out same day as well

if we add those number above that's around 2500

Very unlikely those initial 1100 were sold to the public

Well, maybe 50 tops were 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

5 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

The gold proofs had no quality issues to my knowledge, just the silver. I'm assuming one of the big boys in America has snapped them up or they've been melted down for the Griffin :D

I was unfortunate enough to receive a gold proof with quality issues but I have not heard of anyone else with problems.

I sent the coin back just as the mint sold out, but they were, and still are offering me a replacement as of yesterday. My assumption is they were going to buy back a coin from a dealer and send it to me perhaps, or maybe they keep a few behind for quality control issues like this? 

37 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

The gold proofs had no quality issues to my knowledge, just the silver. I'm assuming one of the big boys in America has snapped them up or they've been melted down for the Griffin :D

I think you maybe right , someone just told me that Royal mint have hint some gone to for example  * London * big company and some gone over the pond 

13 minutes ago, KDave said:

I was unfortunate enough to receive a gold proof with quality issues but I have not heard of anyone else with problems.

I sent the coin back just as the mint sold out, but they were, and still are offering me a replacement as of yesterday. My assumption is they were going to buy back a coin from a dealer and send it to me perhaps, or maybe they keep a few behind for quality control issues like this? 

I send mine back waiting for replacement if I get one 

The mint are trying to get me to take a replacement but I have also asked for a refund. My instruction with the coin said to refund, my email said to refund, but they are still offering a replacement. I said I had no intention of possibly having to go through this process with the remaining 9 coins in the series. They have had the coin in their possession for 5 days now and still haven't paid me for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a reply from the mint, they did agree to sell the rest of them to an overseas buyer. They are still in the mint not shipped so we'll be seeing them at a US dealer soon i guess.

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

3 hours ago, sg86 said:

Got a reply from the mint, they did agree to sell the rest of them to an overseas buyer. They are still in the mint not shipped so we'll be seeing them at a US dealer soon i guess.

Along with a very hefty price tag no doubt.  Could still be a bit if they're still at the RM and if it was MCM or Apmex as they'll undoubtedly send the majority to NGC for grading.

• 2 weeks later...

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

54 minutes ago, sg86 said:

"Quantity currently available: 10" :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Kman said:

"Quantity currently available: 10" :ph34r:

Just says limited quantity to me, and i added 30 to cart, where do you see this?

RM told me there is around 1000 going overseas

The Gold Sovereign

Archived