• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Should I get the 1/4 proof gold Queens Beast?

Kman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Oystonout said:

Hi

Do I take it the 1/4 oz lion is more expensive than the next two in series because they stopped production earlier due to quality issues?

Dont see many about and eBay sellers are knocking them out at £350 upwards

Cheers

I can't see any sold on Ebay?

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Sorry I meant "for sale" I hadn't checked the sale completed search.

For sale are £350-400

I rang the Royal mint bullion and queried why they weren't selling the 1/4 oz lion but have the griffin and red dragon and the guy said something about the fractional sizes not being popular!

He just directed me to Apmex website as they have some for sale apprently

5 hours ago, Oystonout said:

Sorry I meant "for sale" I hadn't checked the sale completed search.

For sale are £350-400

I rang the Royal mint bullion and queried why they weren't selling the 1/4 oz lion but have the griffin and red dragon and the guy said something about the fractional sizes not being popular!

He just directed me to Apmex website as they have some for sale apprently

This thread is about the proof lion -  The MS Lion is sold out at the mint - Apparently they still have a few MS Griffins and Dragons left.  However, the secondary market has plenty of them - In the US you can get them for about $350 to $360 raw - The same price as the griffin and dragon.  

Here's one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Great-Britain-1-4-oz-Gold-Queens-Beast-Lion-Coin-9999-Fine-BU-/162435494474?hash=item25d1e8f24a:g:TEUAAOSwzgBYzGn- 

MAJOR UPDATE  - The royal mint now has only 598 of the 1/4 ounce proof lions left in stock.  That means that they must of sold approximately 500 in the past two weeks.

WOW!!!

Wonder what has driven this??

On 08/04/2017 at 16:38, Pampfan said:

MAJOR UPDATE  - The royal mint now has only 598 of the 1/4 ounce proof lions left in stock.  That means that they must of sold approximately 500 in the past two weeks.

WOW!!!

Wonder what has driven this??

I have been following this daily 

they sold 500 in one day to be precise 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

4 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

I have been following this daily 

they sold 500 in one day to be precise 

No way they sold 500 to the public 

Also, is it my imagination or did the 1oz silver proof sell out? now it says there are 787 left :| 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

4 minutes ago, Kman said:

No way they sold 500 to the public 

Also, is it my imagination or did the 1oz silver proof sell out? now it says there are 787 left :| 

An alcamist at the mint converted 500 gold to 500 silver? :D

An object of sheer beauty. I am having a hard time justifying it as an investment, which means its probably worth buying.

I have bought the 1 oz silver proof which is/was sold out, partly to 'test' the design; fingers crossed it is horrible then I will have no need to buy the quarter :P

6 hours ago, KDave said:

According to the RM website the silver proof lion is now 90% reserved. I swear it was 95% reserved when I bought one yesterday. :rolleyes: 

It'll be all the defective ones that folk are returning. They'll go back on the unresrved list.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Hi

I know the discussion in here is about proof 1/4 QB but did not found better place to ask.

I found in Atkinsons 1/4 QB in gift box with certificate, their certificate.

Its link to it:

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gifts/gold-gifts/gold-coin-gifts/2016-uk-queens-beasts-the-lion-1-4oz-gold-coin-wi

Just wondering it is worth it the box and their certificate this £7.00 ?

Will they be better quality then just one without the box and certificate?

Any one bought something like this from them?

I never before bought gold coins, not sure I will bay but this conversation in here make me start thinking about it, especially QB cos is just 10 coin series.

Still a lot of many for the set but from other site why not.

The proof one they to expensive in my eye for what it is.

I saw some discussions about which 1/4oz gold coins go for or should be sovereign?

I think the QB are the nicest coins of them all what should work for their value to.

4 hours ago, dancavendish said:

Hi

I know the discussion in here is about proof 1/4 QB but did not found better place to ask.

I found in Atkinsons 1/4 QB in gift box with certificate, their certificate.

Its link to it:

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gifts/gold-gifts/gold-coin-gifts/2016-uk-queens-beasts-the-lion-1-4oz-gold-coin-wi

Just wondering it is worth it the box and their certificate this £7.00 ?

Will they be better quality then just one without the box and certificate?

Any one bought something like this from them?

I never before bought gold coins, not sure I will bay but this conversation in here make me start thinking about it, especially QB cos is just 10 coin series.

Still a lot of many for the set but from other site why not.

The proof one they to expensive in my eye for what it is.

I saw some discussions about which 1/4oz gold coins go for or should be sovereign?

I think the QB are the nicest coins of them all what should work for their value to.

Hi Dan 

atkinson box and their coa aren't anything special they are only selling bu from tube and then put them into an after market box so not worth even a penny in my eyes 

Now that the coin is officially sold out at the mint I thought a recap of this coin would be interesting.

The lion was released in Mid December 2016 - at an issue price of 455 pounds with a mintage of 2500.  (in hindsight - a 2017 proof sovereign was definitely a better buy - having increased in value more than double its issue price  - but as time goes on we will see if this remains the case.)

At that price point buyer demand was lackluster - with the first surge of purchases probably consuming 1000 pieces or so leaving around 1500 and with slow sales that number worked its way down into the high 1200's for a few months.    There was approximately a two month period where the mint was only selling a hand full each week.  Then all of a sudden the remaining coins sold out in a 2 week period in April.  So it took 5 months for the coin to sell out at a mintage of 2500.  

In my eyes that is a very long time for such a low mintage coin to sell out - and I wonder who purchased the remaining coins in bulk numbers?  

Next release is the Proof griffin - let the games begin.  

1 hour ago, Pampfan said:

Now that the coin is officially sold out at the mint I thought a recap of this coin would be interesting.

The lion was released in Mid December 2016 - at an issue price of 455 pounds with a mintage of 2500.  (in hindsight - a 2017 proof sovereign was definitely a better buy - having increased in value more than double its issue price  - but as time goes on we will see if this remains the case.)

At that price point buyer demand was lackluster - with the first surge of purchases probably consuming 1000 pieces or so leaving around 1500 and with slow sales that number worked its way down into the high 1200's for a few months.    There was approximately a two month period where the mint was only selling a hand full each week.  Then all of a sudden the remaining coins sold out in a 2 week period in April.  So it took 5 months for the coin to sell out at a mintage of 2500.  

In my eyes that is a very long time for such a low mintage coin to sell out - and I wonder who purchased the remaining coins in bulk numbers?  

Next release is the Proof griffin - let the games begin.  

Have to wait and see because the silver proof lion comes back on their web site with 1200 ish after a few days 

however , coin invest and rm eBay sold out as well ..... now I want one 

Archived