• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Notes Hitting the West

morezone

I'm a new collector of silver and gold notes and all of them have come from China.  Main sources are the banks, China Post, CGCI and the Nanjing Mint.  A few have also come from private companies/mints.

The recent Avengers Civil War and Captain America Shield coins from Scottsdale Mint have included a 2g COA made of silver.

Apmex currently have a 5g silver note for sale which has come from Lucius Precious Metals in Hong Kong.  I have no idea who minted/manufactured them.  Whether LPM commissioned them and Apmex are just re-selling them or whether Apmex commissioned them and LPM were the middle man in the supply chain.  LPM does have a 1g gold note for sale which Apmex does not.

Now it seems that the Royal Canadian Mint are also selling silver notes.  These however are not manufactured in house and are being bought in from MDM in Germany.  Again, I don't have any info on who has manufactured them.  They could be coming from the private Mints in Germany or they could be buying them in from one of the Mints in China.

Looks like we'll be seeing more of these notes in the future.

lunar notes.jpg

LPM has close relationship with apmex , when you walk in English speaker can check the item before deal finalised but if you speak Chinese you have to pay first lol 

the main man for these dealings called Nigel if you need to contact him via web email 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

2 minutes ago, lubi29 said:

@morezone is this 5 g lunar set for sale somewhere?

Not yet.  It's a subscription with only 1 per month over the next 12 months.  I tried looking on MDM but can't find it so not sure if they're selling them.  I think it may be a difficult one to get as it's USA and Canada only.

Have a couple of Monkeys and 3 of the 3D pandas. Did you know the machine broke after printing 300 only of the 3D notes making this the rarest one from the recent Nanjing releases. Prices are rising on these and the other panda silver notes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Coin Invest Trust (CIT) have now jumped onto the Silver Note band wagon.  These ones are legal tender

Series Profile:

• Cook Islands, 1 Dollar, 2017
  • Silver .999, 5 gr, 150×70 mm, prooflike
  • Mintage: 5000
  • First minted legal tender silver notes

28051-55_Skyline Dollar_s1.jpg

28051_Skyline Dollar-New York_o copy.jpg

28051_Skyline Dollar-New York_r copy.jpg

28052_Skyline Dollar-London_r copy.jpg

28053_Skyline Dollar-Hong Kong_r copy.jpg

28054_Skyline Dollar-Toronto_r copy.jpg

28055_Skyline Dollar-Sydney_r copy.jpg

Pasted from APMEX -

As low as $19.99 per item! 
These 5 gram Silver notes are an innovative way to own Silver, which is convenient, affordable, and versatile.

Bit of a poetic licence inferring this is an affordable way of collecting silver.

24 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pasted from APMEX -

As low as $19.99 per item! 
These 5 gram Silver notes are an innovative way to own Silver, which is convenient, affordable, and versatile.

Bit of a poetic licence inferring this is an affordable way of collecting silver.

Affordable yes, good value no.

Convenient yes, easy to store.

Versatile? Can you melt them down if you need to?:D

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

You could melt them down, I'm sure the plastic will just burn away and anything left will form a slag layer or similar.

Definitely not for stacking and is just for collecting.

• 11 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread.  These notes are coming thick and fast now.

CIT released a total of 8 in their Skyline series and and also a 2018 5 Gram Mongolia Lunar Year of the Dog Silver Note and they have a set of 5 X 1g gold African Wildlife in the pipeline as well

New Zealand Mint is throwing them out left right and centre at every opportunity.

Mickey Mouse & Friends 5g Silver

Disney Lunar Year of the Dog 5g Silver

Star Trek 5g Silver - 7 note series with Captain Kirk as the first note which includes an album.

Star Wars A New Hope 5g Silver - 6 note issue with the first being Luke Sky Walker which includes an album and no doubt they'll continue with all the other movies in more sets.

Disney Princess 5g Silver - 6 note series with the first being Cinderella which includes an album.

Then we have some unknowns including:

The Planets of The Solar System - 8 X 3g Silver Notes Set

Apmex 1 gram Silver Note - APMEX Eagle Design

10 gram Silver Note - $10 Replica (JFK 100th Birthday)

10 gram Silver American Note Bar - Washington

Archived