• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

generic silver rounds or mint round

andyharris83

I only buy the cheaper stuff usually, i have a stack that is just cheap as chips stuff and a collection of rarer items which hasn't got much in it yet. I suppose it depends on your end / out game. Mine is to sit tight for 10-15-20 years and see where the prices go. The rarer/nicer coins are worth what people will pay. Do some research and read alot. I still cant make my mind up what is best to buy.

Im sure someone better qualified will be along soon. 

@andyharris83 your British why by the eagles they don't change design they aren't the cheapest and aren't free of CBT.

you are as always free to  buy what you like, just curious

Depends on the price! 

When I buy I tend to buy Gov mint rounds eg Brits Perth Philies etc, IMO When you sell either all in one go to a dealer or in dribs and drabs on Ebay/forums, Gov mints are easier to sell in years to come.  

CGT You should go to the Gov web site to check if you subject to it many people are not. 

Link https://www.gov.uk/capital-gains-tax/allowances

Remember you can put your losses against your gains!  All of this may change at the Chancellors whim.   

I usually buy government mint  coins usually a couple of each of the designs i like such is mostly Perth ( plus panda and elephant),  and then if I have any money left top up with the cheapest government rounds which has never been eagles when I've been buying usually philis or kangaroos or brits

Archived