• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

E-bay query.

Jimmock

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262742133530?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bought above item, if you scroll down to the description,it matches what I presume to be a 5oz coin. At no other point in description does it give weight of coin. Where will I stand when I receive a 1oz coin? 

You will definitely receive a 1oz coin since the 2014 Salt Water Croc is a 1oz coin.  The weight and dimensions listed is a generic table where they have forgotten to update it with the correct details for that particular coin.  If you are expecting a 5oz coin, then ask them to cancel the purchase otherwise you can just return the item once you receive it.

No, bought it expecting a 1oz(just using up some nectar points). But as the table is the only place where size of coin is stated,are they not required to honour that? Don't use e-bay that often,so don't know if they could just say that it was a "typo".

13 minutes ago, Jimmock said:

No, bought it expecting a 1oz(just using up some nectar points). But as the table is the only place where size of coin is stated,are they not required to honour that? Don't use e-bay that often,so don't know if they could just say that it was a "typo".

Theyll just take it in return. If you expected an oz i'd be happy and not bother. ( not having a dig at you by the way )

You can post whatever you want for pictures. It's the description that matters. If the item received does not match the item description then by eBays(and paypal) rules you're entitled to return the item under the "item not as described" clause.

Source: eBay seller 10+ years

This is the ebay sellers I bought my 1oz silver Britannias from. They came up good at £20 each delivered.

Just had a look on their site and they also have some sovereigns for sale.

https://www.ramsdensjewellery.co.uk/jewellery-c9/other-c16

A 1925 quarter sovereign, you learn something new everyday

https://www.ramsdensjewellery.co.uk/jewellery-c9/other-c16/coins-c49/quarter-sovereign-king-george-1925-coin-p4803

12 hours ago, MickB said:

Well unlearn it:D

There's no such thing, it'll be a half.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Well unlearn it:D

There's no such thing, it'll be a half.

I know:D just thinking how many people would be duped by a mis-quote. It's probably more than likely the person inputting these details isn't educated in coins.

Archived