• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Queens beast lion

Bullionbilly

I recently bought 9 of these and have decided to sell another 4 on and keep just 1 for myself.

Asking £43.50 delivered 2nd class recorded or postage of your're choice and you pay the extra.

Previous owner had handled without gloves and there are a few with finger marks.

bottom coin is 1 top coin is 4 if you want to pick one.

I can also email better pictures if required.

Free special delivery  via royal mail if you take all 4.

May exchange for WHY ?  Looking for cheap silver spotted or not !

14803536109771787596352.jpg

14803535689251250383021.jpg

Could you either add close-up pictures or describe in more detail the fingermarks please for your 2 remaining coins.
Do you think the finger marks will clean off ( without damage ) or are they on a polished surface meaning it will be almost impossible to remove without fine scratching or leaving a dulled stain ? Thanks

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Could you either add close-up pictures or describe in more detail the fingermarks please for your 2 remaining coins.
Do you think the finger marks will clean off ( without damage ) or are they on a polished surface meaning it will be almost impossible to remove without fine scratching or leaving a dulled stain ? Thanks

Give me 10 mins pete, i sold 4 to another guy not long ago who said he uses a solution to clean them and they come up very well, im no expert on cleaning coins but the pictures he showed me of others he had done were excellent.

Just came to me... its ezest coin cleaner  ( he used )

Just to be clear, ive not tried to clean them, i dont clean any of my coins. 

3 hours ago, Bullionbilly said:

Give me 10 mins pete, i sold 4 to another guy not long ago who said he uses a solution to clean them and they come up very well, im no expert on cleaning coins but the pictures he showed me of others he had done were excellent.

I don't think that works on milk

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

17 hours ago, Bullionbilly said:

e-Zest is terrific stuff but it is impossible to buy in the UK.
I would be interested in knowing a source though.
It is cheap as chips and readly sold in the USA even from Amazon ( not UK ) the last time I looked.

This solution dip is acidic & deadly and extremely aggressive - will strip the top layer off silver in a matter of seconds.
I think it is banned in Europe because it is supposedly carcinogenic as well.

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

It is cheap as chips and readly sold in the USA even from Amazon ( not UK ) the last time I looked.

This solution dip is acidic & deadly and extremely aggressive - will strip the top layer off silver in a matter of seconds.

If  i remember right he said it was available through a facebook coin forum,  (not on facebook myself). Im sure it was wilson118 off here who bought my last lot. Maybe he could point you in the right direction if you wanted some.

It's easy to make. I think Fluttershy had a thread on it in the archives and tried it out. If memory serves, it's thiourea dissolved in sulphuric acid but she said sulohamic acid is just as good.

On 10/12/2016 at 16:26, sovereignsteve said:

It's easy to make. I think Fluttershy had a thread on it in the archives and tried it out. If memory serves, it's thiourea dissolved in sulphuric acid but she said sulohamic acid is just as good.

Yes, correct - Fluttershy and myself were commenting on e-Z-est as I saw it working on blackened ( as if from a house fire ) silver Eagles whilst in the USA.
Amazing stuff but I couldn't buy it in the UK.
She mixed up the key ingredients to test and I was at the point of purchasing the raw materials myself to make a batch until I read some scary articles on the health hazards ( cancer related particularly ) of thiourea. That put an end to home chemistry and I really didn't want to store a litre of this stuff at home - a small tub would suffice.

This solution would I am sure remove the milk spots on silver coins with a dip of about 3 seconds - AND NO MORE - provided the coins were plunged into water immediately to rinse off the aggressive agent.

A tub of e-Z-est can be purchased in the USA ( Amazon ) for under $10 and is even listed at $5 plus shipping - but not to Europe unfortunately.
Not worth the hassle of mixing your own if you can buy it at a fair price but unlikely to get a bargain in Limey Land.

Sorry we are getting off topic w.r.t. Bullionbilly's offer to sell a few coins - but this magic stuff could remove any ugly stains on his remaining coins.

I can get the stuff easy enough. I'll rustle some up and give it a try. Trouble is I don't have anything with milk spots to my knowledge, I'll have to trawl through some older bullion to see if anything's developed. I'm sure it will remove toning though.

On 10/12/2016 at 13:30, Pete said:

I have a source if you want me to put you in touch 

On 13/12/2016 at 03:46, MikeOxlong said:

silvergoldbull.co.uk appears to sell it for 4 quid a pot

Apparently not. Why is a Canadian site .co.uk and listed in GBP?

Yes, I've had issues with them too.  I bought some bars off them, with their co.uk website, UK listed offices and UK phone numbers.  Then when the bars arrived I was spanked with import duty from Canada.  After I complained of their misleading website, I go the import duty money back off them, but it left me with bad feelings towards them.

I miss Fluttershy, she made jewellery and talked sense.  As far as the milk spots go IMO get a good grade soft rubber to remove the milk spots then wash in warm soapy water.  :)

My queens beast lion that I got from the mint that has been minted incorrectly that I am calling 'rare' has no milk spots on.  I do wish the Royal mint would go back to sterling or Britannia silver.

13 hours ago, Pipers said:

I miss Fluttershy, she made jewellery and talked sense.  As far as the milk spots go IMO get a good grade soft rubber to remove the milk spots then wash in warm soapy water.  :)

My queens beast lion that I got from the mint that has been minted incorrectly that I am calling 'rare' has no milk spots on.  I do wish the Royal mint would go back to sterling or Britannia silver.

I agree - missing Flutteryshy as she had tons of useful input.

I tried the eraser method of removing a milk spot on a Maple and it left a rub mark on the polished surface despite taking every possible precaution.
You needed to tilt the coin at an oblique angle under strong light to see it but it was there.

The earlier Britannias were terrific coins and quite robust.
They always attracted a premium above most others but sadly this 999% silver is far too soft for the way they mass produce their coins.
I really don't understand how the Perth Mint can produce such good quality bullion and ship in proper capsules at the same price ( or less ) as our Mint.

Archived