• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 Griffin sighted on Apmex website

Pampfan

It's OK but not as nice as lion IMO

I think it would challenge any artist to make a bird look as cool as a lion.

Based on the chosen subject, I reckon they did a good job.

I agree it's not as nice as the lion, which I hope leads to the first in the series being more desirable further down the line.

Stacker since 2013

So it's on apmex but not RM? How long after do they usually list it? Wonder if they are waiting on spot price to move

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

After looking at it more, the Griffin is wonderful, I think the coat of arms used isn't as attractive and that's what brings it down slightly from the Lion

But still, the art is wayyy above the Lunar series

I assume designer is Jody Clark; I hope the Royal Mint hang on to him for a long time 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I think (as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago) that there will be a 1/10th. If there is, does that mean there will be a 3 coin proof set coming ? To me, it would make sense from a business perspective as there would be a heck of a ruck to get the set in that case. I'm not interested in the proof set by the way even though some will be. I'm happy ploughing current funds into the 2017 sovs and will just add a 1/4oz bu and a silver coin methinks to keep up with the series in as cheap a fashion as possible and especially as I have an MS70 1/4oz BU as my starter coin.

copy from wiki

The Griffin of Edward III[edit]

The Griffin of Edward III is the second in the series of Queen's Beasts bullion coins. Released in November of 2016.

Single coins purchased were delivered in a plastic coin capsule or flip as chosen when ordering. Bulk orders were delivered in the same containers used for packaging of Britannia bullion coins: 10 coins per tube, 20 tubes per box. The tube for silver can potentially hold a total of 13 coins.

Obverse[edit]

The obverse features the 5th definitive coinage Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II,[10] surrounded by the text "ELIZABETH II • D • G • REG • F • D • (5/25/100) POUNDS". DG REG FD is an abbreviation of the latin "Dei Gratia Regina Fidei Defensor" meaning; "Grace of God, Queen, Defender of the Faith" and is a form of the Style of the British sovereign of Queen Elizabeth II common on coins of the Pound Sterling. The initials of the artist Jody Clark appear just below the portrait.

Reverse[edit]

The reverse features a stylized rendition of the Griffin of Edward III surrounded by the text "GRIFFON OF EDWARD III • (¼/1/2)oz FINE (GOLD/SILVER) • 999.9 • 2016". The initials of the artist Jody Clark appear just below shield offset to the left.

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived