• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Australian Stock Horse

Danny-boy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just placed my order with EMK for 2014 stock horses.

Shipping to the UK by DHL is €9.95 for order value up to €500 so not too bad.

Limit is 2 capped horses and 5 First Strike per order.

Noted that Falcons were priced at €20.45 each compared to STG at €15.19 so not smart to add regular coins to amortise the cost of shipping.

I have decided not to order. I am not prepared to go through all this BS every year to get a coin. You know next year it is going to be even worse, and we are going to have to jump through loops of fire to get one. Not interested. There are better way to collect nice looking silver.

I have a 2013 capsuled and a 2014 carded which is on it's way to me from Oz. I will sell them on when I can make a nice profit on them. I'm not going to collect something you have to beg to buy :mellow:

• Founder & Administrator

I think EMK decided they wanted to sell the majority themselves and limit them to 2 per customer so that the majority of collectors could get one at fair prices.

They released the coin to Germany only first. But they are a German company, I don't see any thing wrong with that.

The fact is that they are selling them direct to the public, and anyone can order, so next year they should do the same. I don't think next years release will be harder to get. They will probably do the same.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Just ordered my 2014 Stock Horses....

I don't collect graded coins. But 49.50€ for a graded one seems like a bargain to me.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Every bank or finance company that has facilitated a money transfer can uniquely determine the recipient using the IBAN number and the BIC.

That is all that is necessary to ensure the payment reaches the recipient's bank account.

You should always include your invoice number or customer reference to ensure the recipient knows who sent the money.

They have sent my payment request, but only give a BIC/Swift/IBAN number.

Can I pay this via CurrencyFair?

Yes. Branch is also required in currencyfair, but several payments I have sent I did not know this information so I just put the BIC/Swift code instead. The transfers arrives fine. Branch isn't actually needed to complete the transfer correctly.

Discounts / Offers

Is it safe to assume, bearing in mind they are selling MS69 and 70 slabbed, that all the capsuled coins we buy are MS68 and below?

Yea I thought this might be the case. I bought an MS69. First ever graded coin I bought, I don't intend to buy any graded coins, I think the plastic boxes are quite ugly. But will be good to have an MS69 to compare coins against and see if there really is a difference.

The MS70 was too expensive for me. Double the price of an MS69. I presume there is a lot of collectors who only want the perfect coins, but then they have them in these ugly plastic boxes. Doesn't make any logical sense to me. I think plain old standard Perth mint bullion capsuled coins in a lighthouse are the way to go for a nice looking collection.

Discounts / Offers

Is it safe to assume, bearing in mind they are selling MS69 and 70 slabbed, that all the capsuled coins we buy are MS68 and below?

Not really Danny they will have sent a bunch of coins to be graded,probably gave them a cursory look with a glass and away they go.

You may well get a coin that grades MS 69 or MS 70 if you paid to get it done. :)

But I'm with you and most of the guys I like the coins displayed in a nice box not a slab.

Grading is also subjective to the grader,what is MS 69 to one guy could be MS 70 to another.But again to each his own a lot of the American collectors love slabbed coins.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Not really Danny they will have sent a bunch of coins to be graded,probably gave them a cursory look with a glass and away they go.

You may well get a coin that grades MS 69 or MS 70 if you paid to get it done. :)

But I'm with you and most of the guys I like the coins displayed in a nice box not a slab.

Grading is also subjective to the grader,what is MS 69 to one guy could be MS 70 to another.But again to each his own a lot of the American collectors love slabbed coins.

I thought that they were graded by two graders, and one doesn't know what the other one graded. If this is true then it seems like an ok system.

I should have bought a MS70 as well, then I could have checked what the real difference is. I bet I wouldn't even notice a difference.

Discounts / Offers

I thought that they were graded by two graders, and one doesn't know what the other one graded. If this is true then it seems like an ok system.

With NGC I believe that is correct Chris but it is still subjective,other grading companies i don't know.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Should I get 2013 or not? It would be my most expensive £/oz if I did.

Yeah! Go for it, there is nothing more exciting than picking up your first expensive ounce - be warned though, it may be a gateway to bigger spending lol. I got the capsuled 2013 then couldn't get a 2014 without spending crazy money. I managed to get the carded one but it has ended up costing me a stupid fortune what with charges, so I am abandoning this collection! lol But if you can find coins at a good price.... It is worth getting the first in the series if you plan to buy one every year, I'd say!

Morezone. £60 is too much for a 2013 stock horse. You should be able to get one for <£50. I know danny boy picked up one for £42.

Discounts / Offers

Archived