• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Australian Stock Horse

Danny-boy

Ooohhhh, got my capsuled stock horse yesterday.

I think we have a new favourite!!!

It is stunning, I'll be following this series for definite.

If you don't have one, get one while they are still readily available.

Mintage of only 10k.

Stacker since 2013

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Founder & Administrator

How much did you pay for it danny? 

I am a big Stock Horse guy, as you can probably tell from my photo.

I am awaiting the new coin, when they are released in a few months I will be buying a few.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Well I will be buying a roll and a bit from Germany when they come out.

So I can add an extra one to my order for you, and it will be cheaper than if you buy just 1 from Germany yourself.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Well I will be buying a roll and a bit from Germany when they come out.

So I can add an extra one to my order for you, and it will be cheaper than if you buy just 1 from Germany yourself.

Please do, I'd appreciate that.

If anybody else is interested in the first coin, the lovely chap I bought mine off has more. PM me for contact details if you wish.

Stacker since 2013

The difference is the price. Stock horse coin is worth more than a 'standard' lunar horse :)

Discounts / Offers

So, do you see the prioce of the 2013 Stock Horse rising steadily/at all as this series progresses? Will it hold it's value after the 2014 release?

Will the 2014 rlease perform as well as the 2013 coin? Release 01 April. I hope they don't sell out too quick, I will be traveling that day and the next couple.....

Did you know that they are releaseing a 5 Oz Gold Proof 2014 Stock horse? :o  If I had a house I wouild be re-mortgaging it right about now! LOL ;)

Hey!! 3 responses for the price of one! lol

So, do you see the prioce of the 2013 Stock Horse rising steadily/at all as this series progresses? Will it hold it's value after the 2014 release?

Will the 2014 rlease perform as well as the 2013 coin? Release 01 April. I hope they don't sell out too quick, I will be traveling that day and the next couple.....

Did you know that they are releaseing a 5 Oz Gold Proof 2014 Stock horse? :o If I had a house I wouild be re-mortgaging it right about now! LOL ;)

Hey!! 3 responses for the price of one! lol

Yes, with a mintage like that, I can see it steadily rising. Not astronomically, but it will do ok I think.

First in the series usually does fairly well too, those that come in on the 2nd & 3rd coins want to get the back issues.

The 2nd will do ok, but not as well. My opinion only.

And gold? Gold is for rich people.

Stacker since 2013

Could add one for me while yer at it mate! :)

Yea sure Shamatti

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Discounts / Offers

Looks like we are all sorted with the 2nd stock horse.

When is it due out?

I am not sure. I hope not for a few months at least. I need to save up so I can afford a roll. This is the most important coin for me. I want to have a few completed sets in 9 years or so when the last of the series comes out.

This 2nd release is important, if it's ugly it's not going to be good for the series as it may reduce the amount of collectors. I do hope it is nice and beautiful, the first coin got a lot of stick because of the legs looking slightly weird, and people said it was ugly, but I quite like it and it's extremely hard to make legs of a horse look very realistic on a coin.

Discounts / Offers

Agreed, hopefully it's a nice coin.

Can't seem to find when the first was actually released.

I can't remember the month, but I know it was a few months before the official release. The German distributor sold them early I think.

This coin, although produced by the Perth Mint is actually commissioned by someone in Germany. Not a bad idea when you think about it, get the Perth Mint to produce some coins for you at just a small premium, and then sell with a high premium because of the limited mintage and also the fact that the coin is produced by Perth Mint opposed to a mint not as widely known.

Discounts / Offers

I hope it's not the 1st of April. I not have much money by then :(

Discounts / Offers

Awesome, that's something to look forward to.

Only just over a week away.

Hope they keep the same mintage.

Mintage will be 10,000 for each of the coins. I think that's already been decided. (9,000 normal and 1,000 carded)

Discounts / Offers

Mintage will be 10,000 for each of the coins. I think that's already been decided. (9,000 normal and 1,000 carded)

You say that, but it's commissioned by a german company, so I guess they could do what they wanted.

Stacker since 2013

You say that, but it's commissioned by a german company, so I guess they could do what they wanted.

Yea but I think they have already agreed what will happen with the series. i.e. 10,000 mintage per coin. 9k for Europe, 1k for Perth Mint Australia. Depends what they have written in their contract, but some guys in Germany were pretty sure it will be only 10k per coin, and 1 coin per year. Total of 10 coins.

Discounts / Offers

Archived