• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Numistacker

NGC Grading Submissions Open

5 hours ago, Skelator88 said:

Russell thanks ever so much I have received all my coins back this morning! Packaged perfectly.

how and where do I get hold of them vacuum seal bags!

I've not had mine back yet... I feel left out seeing all these photos. Couldn't get on here yesterday.

The slabs I sent you with the bags were from tesco and they have a perfect fit. If they are the thicker slabs mind it wont fit them.

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

I buy them expensively from eBay. No expense spared for SilverForum members.

Can you point me in the right direction to the bags and sealer ? 

Also I would like to send you a small extra payment as I strongly believe what you do is worth more than the price we pay!  

Thanks

I looked on amazon for my machine and could not find it any more.

IMG_9459.JPG

There is a good selection on the food sealer or sous vide has the same bags can be used for sous vide cooker. Some sellers have a variety of bags to choose from and I tried to get one big enough for two or three slabbed coins

I am making my way through all of the coins that came back and will send the final ones out on Monday if I can.

That maybe some coins that are awaiting further coins in the next delivery, if anybody is affected by that then they can choose for me to send coins now and then pay additional postage when the coins that are still being graded come through.

IMG_9458.JPG

16 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

It looks like most of the submissions this time will be Gold.

Where are all you Silver guys?

This video had pretty much all the precious metals in it Au, Ag, Pt, Rh – have you ever graded Pd?

Amazing results on the Beasts and Rwandan coins (especially the gold Nautical Ounce)! Congratulations to everyone!!!

Really pleased with the Isle of Man platinum proof coin set, thanks to @ChardLizzie!

On 02/01/2018 at 23:32, Numistacker said:

The new grading season is opening up now...

The close for grading submissions for January will be 25th January 2018 so there is plenty of time of you want to send coins for grading.

To make things a little easier if you have not graded with me before I have prepared an instruction sheet that I can update every now and again as information changes.

Click here for Numistacker's Grading Instructions

If you have not graded with me before and have questions please ask here on this thread or PM me. 

On 13/01/2018 at 11:01, Numistacker said:

I looked on amazon for my machine and could not find it any more.

IMG_9459.JPG

There is a good selection on the food sealer or sous vide has the same bags can be used for sous vide cooker. Some sellers have a variety of bags to choose from and I tried to get one big enough for two or three slabbed coins

I am making my way through all of the coins that came back and will send the final ones out on Monday if I can.

That maybe some coins that are awaiting further coins in the next delivery, if anybody is affected by that then they can choose for me to send coins now and then pay additional postage when the coins that are still being graded come through.

IMG_9458.JPG

I bought one for about £55 with bags so hopefully they are good!

On 30/12/2017 at 18:07, Oldun said:

@Numistacker

Have you heard anything officially from NGC that all sets sent in for grading will now receive a "set" designation. This seems to be a first and I would really like to know if this is a permenant designation or just one they did for you. I also do not understand why it is only for the 1/2 sov and 2sov coins....weird. Can you help ?

Couldn't see the "set" designation on the latest video anywhere for the single sovereign....mechanical error....? I knew something was up at the time last December. That is a major pain in the derriere as they are on their way to me even though I raised my suspicions at the time. For those that dont know I live a looooong way from The UK and sending anything out of here is very difficult. I keep the boxes and coas of course so this is a big deal if I ever go to sell the set. No other 2018 3 coin sets have been graded on NGC, just mine. NGC have buggered it up.

Edited by Oldun

On 31/12/2017 at 01:59, Oldun said:

I see. Cheers for that. It is the first time to have submitted a full set. The problem that needs addressing though is that one of the 2 full sovereigns has not been designated as being part of the set according to the information I received from numistacker.I think it must be a typo as there is one full sovereign PF69 3 coin set registered with The NGC but I have no way of knowing whether that is mine or not. Patience I guess. It kind of blows that the full sov in the set (1/2 and 2sov both got PF70) seems to have come out PF69 yet the non set full sov came out PF70, if that is the case. I know it is just wording but hey, whatcan you do ? :rolleyes:

Coins for NGC Invoice Number 2819420          
LineItem Year Mint Mark Variety/Pedigree Denom. Grade Comments Comments
1 2018 G.Britain Sapphire Anniv. Privy 1SOV PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO Oldun
2 2018 G.Britain Sapphire Anniv. Privy 1SOV PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO Oldun
3 2018 G.Britain Sapphire Anniv. Privy Gold Sovereign Set 2SOV PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO Oldun
4 2018 G.Britain Sapphire Anniv. Privy Gold Sovereign Set 1/2SOV PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO Oldun

:( As I suspected, Watson.

Edited by Oldun

On 31/12/2017 at 02:23, Oldun said:

The mystery deepens as the "set" 2 sov is not registered on the ngc census  at all   https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/2sov/

The 1/2 "set" sov appears to have  been given a "set"PF70  https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/1-2sov/

The full "set" sov appears to have been given a "set" PF69 https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/1sov/

Then there is the non "set" full sov which has a PF70 as is.

I guess it'll all come out in the wash.Colour me confused though for now until either the slabs arrive or a photo of the PF69 gets posted. And then another issue is to see if/when the 2 sov "set" coin appears in its right designation as a "set" coin on the census.

Then again, maybe these aren't my coins on their site....either way....patience I guess.

:( No doubt in my mind that a mechanical mistake has been made.

ONLY 1 pop PF70 1/2 sov registered as a "3 coin proof set"    Mine (labelled as part of a set correctly)

ONLY 1 pop PF69 1 sov registered as a "3 coin proof set"        Mine (label has been buggered up as I said back in December)

96 pop PF70 2 sovs registered as a "3 coin proof set"    One is mine (labelled as part of a set correctly)

Edited by Oldun

I think it is easier to send the mislabelled 2018 pf69 full sov back to NGC at personal cost :( for a full regrade plus conservation (might as well see if it can get up to a pf70 now, I suppose)

The cost of having to send it across the planet back to numistacker (and then back again), just for a relabelling makes it pointless.

I knew I was right about it being wrongly labelled back in December. I should have pushed harder at the time when I suspected something wasn't right.

Now for some happy musc and surf :)

Edited by Oldun

8 hours ago, Oldun said:

The cost of having to send it across the planet back to numistacker (and then back again), just for a relabelling makes it pointless.

Since these things are not supposed to happen, NGC does cover postage back and forth. Since Numistacker is such a big customer, they might reimburse you maybe even sending it directly from your place to them. You might even slip it in with one if your own gradings at the LCS?