• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

Numistacker

NGC Grading Submissions Open

362 posts in this topic

Numistacker, your efforts in this are very much appreciated.

I have given alot of thought to slabbing some of my coins over the years and this Xmas break I decided that should I ever have to sell this is likely to have to be in the US to get the best price and they seem to like their grades!

So I would be interested in sending some - older numismatic stuff, any limitations on value? Gold/silver/copper etc?

Thanks

ST

There are 4 main tiers:

Modern >= 1955 & Gold any gold Value any coin not gold less than $300
Standard any other coin with value limit

If you have any coins over $5000 we should ask them the right tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 06/01/2017 at 18:03, Numistacker said:

There are 4 main tiers:

Modern >= 1955 & Gold any gold Value any coin not gold less than $300
Standard any other coin with value limit

If you have any coins over $5000 we should ask them the right tier.

Numi,

I have sent you a PM with a list of coins, mix of gold and silver and grades from Fine to MS65, just a few to start with to test various things to see how NGC view them,

Thanks

ST

One of the good resources when it comes to grading expectations is the NGC census.

6d7e9b21d737ce780d2af84b61e80cc5.jpg

You can tell here what we all think anyway anecdotally. 4th panda expo antique is grading 68/69 with only 1 70.

Panda Lunar quality is extremely good with a large number of 70's.

4th Panda Expo Silver proof is grading very well with lots of 70's

When are you sending the coins out?? I may send you a couple of pandas for grading if there's still time?

16th is the cut off day so you can still send them over.

48 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

The grading submissions are arriving?

[Will be replaced soon - i messed up the sound recording]

Why do you trust me?

Do you mean trust you with the coins or to record a decent youtube vid?:D

Pampfan and Numistacker like this

It was too heavy for tracked and signed so I used parcelforce global express with a 2 day delivery apart from customs issues. £92 postage

@Numistacker  Do you only use NGC?

Yes I only use NGC as I think PCGS and NGC are equal and I know NGC's system and needs very well.

Thanks Russell for helping me grade my medals...Really appreciate it

Thank me when they are safely back ))

barney, Silverstackeruk and danmc82 like this

8 hours ago, Numistacker said:

Yes I only use NGC as I think PCGS and NGC are equal and I know NGC's system and needs very well.

How much do NGC charge for return postage and is it insured?

I was looking on PCGS and they do fully insured return shipping for set prices depending on how many coins are being sent.

How much do NGC charge for return postage and is it insured?

I was looking on PCGS and they do fully insured return shipping for set prices depending on how many coins are being sent.

NGC use international registered post and i don't think that is inherently insured unless they have a commercial separate policy. However they sometimes use usps international express. Costs vary between $32 and $95 so far and it wouldn't surprise me if they charged $130 for this submission.

I have to say that I am mad as hell with Parcelforce who have provided an exceptionally bad service to date.

The parcel was sent global express which should provide a two day delivery in the USA.

Last night I noticed that it said parcel delivered at Parcelforce London depot!!!! WTF!

I just called them and they told me that the parcel had been downgraded because of a lack of detail on the customs declaration.

Declaration said "Numismatic items for evaluation and return to the UK" which is about all you can fit onto A tiny CN22 customers label.

So now they have given the parcel a new global priority level and sent it on to USA.

9687aa7a4123dc508c0246aaadbcb184.png

I will be monitoring!

StackerMike likes this

Parcelforce are generally crap.

Last time I used RM they mis-scanned the package and it was not seen again till it was about to be delivered.

This time Parcelforce downgraded the delivery and service but at least the parcel will now be handed to USPS who are very reliable.

Danny-boy and sovereignsteve like this

Numi,

Thankyou for sorting this out, I have given up trying to get delivery companies to do the same thing each time, it seems completely random.

Having said that things usually arrive quicker from Germany than anywhere else - including from within the UK.

I am currently waiting for auction lots from several different places in the US, so we will have to see how that goes!

(exchange rate is a killer at the moment but some of the coins don't appear very often🙁)

ST

On 17/01/2017 at 14:40, Numistacker said:

NGC have just announced that they are no longer accepting PCGS graded coins in their registry due to the degradation of standards.

I have to say I am not surprised and where possible have only bought NGC slabbed coins over the last few years and intend to grade the raw coins I have - many thanks to Numi for making this start possible!

Just NGC for me now😉

ST