• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Proof Lion of England spotted ....

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 6th December, a week ago, they had 3698 silver 1 oz

Now they have 2,668 = 1010 sold

That's a fair amount but I would guess sales would slow down a lot now 

Gold 1/4 1379 now 1309 = 70 sold

That's pretty bad, I think the gold 1/4 will be end up being well undersold and a low mintage thus pretty rare..hmm

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

On 10/12/2016 at 15:46, ARGAR said:

Not the best coin imo.

There is a nice little info booklet inside, a dark brown box with bronze coloured writing

But I'll put them away in the drawer for the future.

I can post better pix If anyone is interested?

15326177_10158137614628125_6729020618049156484_o.jpg

The shield is notably smaller than on the bullion version.

On 12/13/2016 at 01:14, Kman said:

On 6th December, a week ago, they had 3698 silver 1 oz

Now they have 2,668 = 1010 sold

That's a fair amount but I would guess sales would slow down a lot now 

2,063 now, so 500 sold since Tuesday

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

It's not even QC really, they could leave the mint without spots and develop them a day later, or a year later. The BU beasts are the first silver I've bought all year I believe and I'm not buying anymore now until the cause is found and rectified.

Last time I read up I think it was something to do with water in the annealing process, not sure if there are any more developments but seems the RM havent sorted it!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

Milk spotting can develop at any time but the scratch was there when it left the Mint. Just like some of the 2017 Proof Sovs with holes in the matting. They should (are) all be inspected to check that they are Proof quality before being packaged. There's no excuse really

1 hour ago, morezone said:

Milk spotting can develop at any time but the scratch was there when it left the Mint. Just like some of the 2017 Proof Sovs with holes in the matting. They should (are) all be inspected to check that they are Proof quality before being packaged. There's no excuse really

Ah didn't notice there was a scratch as well I was reading @daz's post. Overall not a collection worth getting into then. The BUs are by no means perfect but it's easier to take when you aren't paying more than 4x spot price!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

25 minutes ago, sg86 said:

Ah didn't notice there was a scratch as well I was reading @daz's post. Overall not a collection worth getting into then. The BUs are by no means perfect but it's easier to take when you aren't paying more than 4x spot price!

Watching the video there are some very noticeable scuff marks

I can only think the RM don't check the coins at all :mellow:

7 hours ago, Kman said:

Just posted back milk spot 1oz silver proof RM sent me

But I have two nice ones with some quality control coming from Arshi 

ps. 1,658 now showing as in stock

I prefer buying from @arshimo2012 than RM. He always check every coin and i have received always spotless coins.

And cheaper as well than RM  B)

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2016 at 11:35, sg86 said:

looks nice, shame i won't be buying any silver from the RM until spotting cause is figured out

Have you found milk spotting to be an issue on proof coins? I thought they took greater care with the dies and planchets on proofs - figured it was a business strike problem when it came to these spots. 

Archived