• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Proof Lion of England spotted ....

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As everyone points out these just won't hold their value. I'll buy in a year or two for 30% off and continue to buy the bullion set. The only thing that may make them good value is if the gold price increases a lot imho :D

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

Currently the pre-order period will determine how many the initial mint run will be.  The blanks for the coins are all available so they can ramp up production at any time to the mintage limit.

Per my conversation with a royal mint representative, the release date of the 1/4 ounce gold proof is Dec 14.  Also, I asked if a reverse proof version of the 1 ounce would be produced. To which she stated "possibly" but then quickly corrected herself.  Deal with  Apmex maybe? We will see!

I have put in an order for the 1/4 ounce gold and a 1 ounce proof silver to add to the collection. Will post pictures when received.

3 hours ago, sg86 said:

As everyone points out these just won't hold their value. I'll buy in a year or two for 30% off and continue to buy the bullion set. The only thing that may make them good value is if the gold price increases a lot imho :D

My gut instinct is that the silver 1 oz will do well, but usually when I feel like that I feel like it's the popular consensus on here too, that doesn't seem to be the case this time hmm

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I think it's the mintage that kills it for me and the cost relative to the number in the series. I would not be surprised if the Mintages were toned down ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This coin has all the makings of a sleeper.  High issue price and low demand for it = will result in a low actual mintage. 

If you try to put the set together you will still need to get it = low mintage + high demand later on will result in higher prices in the future.  Same thing happened to 2009 high relief us $20 dollar gold piece.  That carries a huge premium over spot and they made 100,000 of them. Initially coin sold poorly at the time.

We will see- 

26 minutes ago, Pampfan said:

This coin has all the makings of a sleeper.  High issue price and low demand for it = will result in a low actual mintage. 

This is what I'm thinking, the actual mintage wont turn out to be nearly so high because there wont be the demand, then in coming years people will want the whole set and be coming back for them

I think the 1 oz proof silver will perform well eventually anyway, maybe the 5oz silver and 1/4 gold too, but not so sure on the rest. 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 hour ago, Silvergun said:

This morning at 8 :00am the Mint have available .

1/4 oz gold = 1343  sold 16 in 24 hours

1 oz silver   = 3037 sold 326 in 24 hours

The silver is more than I would have thought, not selling too badly 

33 minutes ago, Kman said:

The silver is more than I would have thought, not selling too badly 

Yes i agree , its a more affordable option to collect a set. but at £850 at today's prices for the set can you see any profit in the future ?

Just now, Silvergun said:

Yes i agree , its a more affordable option to collect a set. but at £850 at today's prices for the set can you see any profit in the future ?

I could sure

Silver Proof 2014 proof Britannia's were £92.50, you would expect to pay at least £200 now I would think if you can find one for sale, mintage was only 5,300 though and 2500 limited presentation 

That's a bit of an outlier perhaps as it's a very popular design

I'm comfortable they will hold their value at worst and optimistic they could do better 

14 hours ago, Silvergun said:

How much did this cost on release ? then  take into account ebay and paypal selling fees 

2016 Royal Mint 1oz Silver Proof Britannia. Boxed with COA.

2016 Royal Mint 1oz Silver Proof Britannia. Boxed with COA.

• 27-Nov 19:15

There's a reason I said 2014 :P

How much were the Peter Rabbit coins on release and how are they doing now? 

Can pick and choose winners and loses to point out but there's no doubt coins can do much better than their release price, whether they actually do we can only make educated guesses, time will tell. 

4 hours ago, Oldun said:

It's early yet. The 2014 set and singles weren't going for that much until earlier this year, then they suddenly exploded. I know the 2016 design won't be as popular but I expect them to make money at some point.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

As i say, i'll get these in a year or two for cheaper than retail and still own a lovely set :D

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

Archived