• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

P20 2009 1oz Silver Kookaburra Set

calandlew1

Hi everyone,  I have a complete P20 2009 1oz Silver Kookaburra Set.  20 x Coins,  all in genuine air-tite capsules,  in genuine perth mint display case,  with original cardboard sleeve and very memorable 3333 Coa.  I am reluctantly auctioning it and wanted some advice on what the researve should be please?  can anyone give me a suggestion please?  All advice welcome. Regards Chris 

Moved to discussion area since it is not for sale and just asking advice.

all in genuine air-tite capsules

Do you mean genuine Perth Mint capsules because "Air-Tite" is a brand as apposed to the term "air tight"?

Where are you planning to auction it?

Personally I tend not to bid on ebay stuff with a reserve.  Most people have reserves set to high. Means i have to wait for the auction to end before i can buy something else.

Just have a look at the price dealers are selling at and put the reserve at a bit less. Or better yet sell it on hear and save some auction fees.

Was going to sell it on UK silver stackers page,  I've seen sets for 680-1100 depending on if they're is a original case,  Coa,  just coins?  Does the Coa of 3333 add any value at all? plus I'm unsure what a fair price is for it? 

18 minutes ago, calandlew1 said:

No,  so using airtite capsules actually decreases value then? 

Yes, because they already came in capsules from the Mint.  Re-housing them is fine as long as you keep the originals for when the time comes to sell the set.  Buyers will always want the original capsules.  Whenever I take a coin out of the original capsule I always bag and tag the original capsule it so that I can put the coin back/pass it along when I come to sell.

It is possible to pickup a set without the box for around £700 in their original capsules.

I've never put a reserve down on any auction as I always start at a price that I am happy to sell for.  I personally don't see the point of having people bid on something at a price which it will not sell at, but that's just me.  £500?  You don't really want to be selling it for less than you paid unless you paid well over the odds in which case you'd more than likely have to take the hit.

Archived