• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

dilemma

craig12

just sorting through bairds site with a cup of tea  , looking at the sovs they have in stock , and this popped up  bairds words not mine     "2 rand coin  same gold content as sovereigns but much cheaper "

I wasn't aware of the coin    I think theyre £186 plus delivery  where as a sov starts at £195 plus del

I have to admit to be a investor for long term profit  as im not a collector  ,  now this has really confused me

7.32  same content as the sovs   but nearly a tenner cheaper 

anybody bought one  what should I do 

are they harder to sell on ?

pms arghhhhhhh

First thing I'd do is not buy from Bairds. I find Atkinsons and HGM a lot cheaper, and a lot less hassle navigating their websites and paying for the coins..

but that is just me................ :D

ps. Bairds have delivery costs from £7.50. HGM starts at £6.50 and Atkinsons are free delivery. All this should be factored in when calculating prices of coins

First thing I'd do is not buy from Bairds. I find Atkinsons and HGM a lot cheaper, and a lot less hassle navigating their websites and paying for the coins..

but that is just me................ :D

ps. Bairds have delivery costs from £7.50. HGM starts at £6.50 and Atkinsons are free delivery. All this should be factored in when calculating prices of coins

When I purchased my gold lunar horse Bairds price including delivery was £19 less than Atkinsons!

As for the dilemma..... Go for the coin you like best. £5 here or £10 there is meaningless in the long run, as you will not be selling anything until spot rises to a point where you are happy with the profit you have made. Neither one of these coins will make more profit than the other in the long run in my opinion. So I see little difference between them.

If you want a short term flip, go fr the cheapest it will be the easiest to make a quick buck on. But selling 10 or more years from now you will just be happy with the income. That extra £10 will be immaterial.

Archived