• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Currency fair

Looking into an account with currency fair don't quite understand tho

Do I add Money to my currency fair account then send it to who I bought from just like internet banking here? Or if I buy something that is €500 it takes it out of my account and transfers to them? Think they would be better doing a YouTube tutorial rather than having a France rugby player dressed as a fairy!!!

You notify them of an incoming deposit amount, then you transfer that from your bank into the CF account.

Once in there, you can swap currencies.

Once you have swapped currency, you transfer from CF to your vendor.

Simplified but it's easy.

They don't accept deposits at weekends, just so you know.

Stacker since 2013

Add £s to your Currentcy Fair account via bank transfer from your own bank account.

When you want to pay someone, change it to whatever currency you're dealing in and send it to their bank account.

• Founder & Administrator

Hi Cornishfarmer,

You send a bank transfer to their UK account to top up your currencyfair account, think of currencyfair like another online bank account.

You then buy the currency you want via the autotrade system which is instant (you can choose your own rate if you wish to deal at, but autotrade is much quicker" say you buy euros you will then have euros in your euros account. It's a multi currency account and you can hold money in as many different currencies as you wish.

You then send the currency you wish to the person you wish, you just need their bank details.

There is also a fee of about €3, not that it's cheaper to pay in € than £ for the fee. And also cheaper to pay in AUD rather than £ for the fee.

If you sign up via the link in my signature the silver forum earns a small commission which helps the hosting fees.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

So you work out before hand how many £ or € it is? Do you end up with a little spare cash in account.

Yea you might end up with a little spare cash, I just make sure I have about £5 in there or so, just incase I make a slight mistake with the exchange rate I can make sure there is enough to cover the €3 fee and any slight movements in exchange rate.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

So you work out before hand how many £ or € it is? Do you end up with a little spare cash in account. So is do they have to have an account or do they send account number with sort code with invoice

I usually do a quick check to see how much I will need and send a little more to allow for rate changes.

That looks a lot easier, is the fee just £1.20

I think it depends on how much you transfer but the fee is negligible and comparable to Currencyfair's.

And you don't have to scan your picture for them unlike Currency fair.

That guy with the watermelon smile, Richard Branson, is involved in this venture.

They seem like they might be every so slightly cheaper. I will need to look into it further it's always good to have alternatives.

Discounts / Offers

Used transferwise, an easy enjoyable experience cost £3.69 to send about £730 into €. Send Monday completed Thursday am. Will use again

Still waiting on a reply to my email though, not impressed with their customer service.

Discounts / Offers

Used transferwise, an easy enjoyable experience cost £3.69 to send about £730 into €. Send Monday completed Thursday am. Will use again

It's not about the fee but how much it cost overall.  Looking at transferwise it does seem to work out marginally cheaper.  Their higher fee (>£200 sent) is offset by their better exchange rate.

Sent Monday and completed Thursday morning?  Is that when transferwise sent you confirmation it was all done or when the funds were received by the beneficiary?

My experience with currency fair is that if I send within Europe on one day it will arrive with the beneficiary by the next day.  If I send in the morning though, then it generally arrives the same day before close of business.

I had a problem with Aurinum and Currency Fair were were very quick and professional to deal with.  This has to be a consideration when sending money.

Absolutely right Pipers,you don't know how good a company is until you have problems,another thing i like about currencyfair is,no matter how large the transaction the fee is the same.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Just did a payment comparison on a £200 transfer in to $au PayPal was £9.40 dearer than transfer wise equivalent

Yea PayPal is much more expensive that transfer wise or currency fair etc.

I am not impressed with transfer wise though, I sent them an email twice and they didn't respond once. So even though it may be fractionally cheaper than currency fair, I am not going to set the forum up as an affiliate for transferwise. Currency fair is the better company in my opinion.

Discounts / Offers

Archived