• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Krugerrrand officially coming in silver next month

AgAuNEWS

Not proof... 60 Euro with CoinInvest.

A marketing fail, if I ever saw one.  They could have made a good, low-premium, bullion smash-hit but they've tried to whack a huge premium on it.  Just stick to what Krugs are good for - stacking bullion at low premiums, with a widely recognised design.

Pretty disappointed with this.

• 1 month later...
On 02/11/2016 at 23:38, sovereignsteve said:

and it comes "loose with certificate of authenticity":D

they're taking the piss, been taking lessons from the RM

How can an un-serialised coin have a CoA?  i.e. How can anyone prove the CoA coincides with the coin being presented??

2 minutes ago, SilverSniper said:

How can an un-serialised coin have a CoA?  i.e. How can anyone prove the CoA coincides with the coin being presented??

marketing gimmick, a pathetic attempt to give the coin some aura of exclusivity and justify it's high price. The profit on these things will be phenomenal; low production costs due to extremely high mintage.

If it's being produced in the RoSA that will explain it, lots of politicians to take their cut!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 3 weeks later...

there was a price or 2 mentioned in a previous post about it. was something ridiculous for a 1m mintage 1 oz bullion coin, about twice it's fair price maybe.

but it's silver premium uncirculated

so that's allright then!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 hours ago, danmc82 said:

What saddo stands there and videos it for 23 minutes? :wacko:

Is there a definite price for it then?

From the off EMK have had it listed for 59 euros, which is ridiculous for a bullion coin with a mintage of 1 million coins, you do get a cert though LOL.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

31 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

EMK is sold out, someone has lost the plot, i've seen them on a dealers site for €69,50, if thats the price of the bullion coin i wonder what they'll tout the proof at, €250?

Yes I know they are sold out or possibly EMK sent them back because of quality issues. SAMint have had quality problems with the coins & are no longer quoting prices on their own site. I  emailed  SAMint twice around 2 months ago re buying directly from them, as it worked out at around £35 per coin. They had them advertised on their site @600 rand I have had no response so I think I'll forget about bullion version.

If you are right & proof is 250 euros I'll forget about that as well, at 100 euros I'd buy one as I like the iconic design SAMint never quoted a price for the proof version, so it will be interesting to see how much it will be.

15 hours ago, Jonson said:

2017 Silver Krugerrand - link :                            

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/silver-krugerrand/

First look at the Silver Krugerrand test strike!☎☎☎☎☎

http://world.mintnewsblog.com/2016/12/north-american-release-of-silver-krugerrand-delayed-due-to-shipment-damage/

i like the look of the coin but not this jacked up price. 

Wait to see what happens. i expect after the fanfare and trumpeting dies down there will be some better deals in the aftermarket.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

The irony being that the orignal Krugerrand (gold version) was designed to be "cheap" as in close to spot.

I was interested out of curiosity and expected that thing to be priced like a Britannia. I guess I shall stick to a few Noah's Arch and the odd Lunar for diversification.

@Vacendak Yep I get the irony, the 1oz gold Krug is probably the best known gold 1 ozer in the world & as it is easily recognised the world over, it is easily traded & sold close to spot.

SAMint are obviously trying to do the same as other world mints & milk the collectors but the price they are/were pitching a 1 million run of bullion coins is going to backfire badly IMHO.

Archived