• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tokelau Yellowfin Tuna Coin

Cointreau

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Received an email today from Apmex stating  that the pre order for the Tunas that were due to be shipped on the 8th are to be delayed for at least another three weeks. :-

"We are experiencing a delay on this item as the manufacturer is taking steps to improve the quality of this product" .

Apmex customer service confirmed that advance samples sent to them were rejected as being sub standard. Also I noted that they have pulled the applicable web page. 

Que a flood of sub MS67 coins being offered over the coming months. 

• Founder & Administrator

Don't worry, if they are graded I am sure the grading companies will be happy to give them all MS70s lol

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 3 years later...

Hello all,

my first post was in the "new member" topic...and my second is in this older topic about the Tokelau yellowfin tuna.

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a 1 oz BU (mat finish) Tokelau tuna coin at a dealer....as I received it, I saw that the date is 2015....and not 2014 :rolleyes:....any of the other buyers have such a coin as well ? 

...and NO, it is not a fake :)....

I emailed "Treasures of Oz" who developed the coin and arranged the minting at Highland Mint in the USA.....a very small number of coins got a wrong date...almost all of them were recalled by the mint ...but apparantly some have made it to the public. I'm trying to figer out how many 'wrongly dated' coins have been distributed, but Treasures of Oz is talking about a handfull...

• 1 month later...

As of today....I received no info from the Highland Mint regarding this "error" in the tokelau yellowfin tuna with 2015 as date instead of 2014....Treasures of Oz is quite helpful, but they also do not get info on the wrongly minted coins (ToOz has stated that a (ONE) batch ( mostly a batch contains between 250 and 500 coins) was wronly minted in 2015....allmost all wronly minted coins have been returned to the mint, only a "handfull" were distributed.

Any help from this forum ? How should I get it stated as an "error" coin ?

thx

T;)

• 1 month later...

As a follow up on my own conversation ;)....I received a confirmation letter of Treasures of Oz (who got confirmation of Highland MInt) that there has been a batch minted with the wrong date...namely 2015 on the Yellowfin Tuna coin. Only 1 batch was send out to dealers but almost immediately recalled.....only a very small amount of coins where not returned to the Mint and accordingly distributed to "the public".

Treasures of Oz confirmed that no more then 100 coins of the error date where not returned....:o

If someone is interested in the letter, let me know by PM and I will forward it.

greetings

TB)

On 22/06/2014 at 06:00, strenue said:

My NZ Contact has come back to me, this coin is not a NZ Mint product, so I will not be sourcing from him.

I do however have another local source that I can place a pre-order with for those who are interested.

If you are interested in this coin, please reply to this thread or PM me directly how many of these coins you would be interested in.

Depending on how many people are interested and the number of coins that you are after will determine the per coin price.

Basically I will place a 10% premium on my source cost of this coin + postage cost to your destination of choice.

From early numbers my source price will be ~£15.00 - £15.50

I'd like one to add to my collection if you need more as a minimum order please let me know sir

Many thanks 

SS

Archived