• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tokelau Yellowfin Tuna Coin

Cointreau

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gainsville coins have them pretty cheap, $22.57, equivalent of about £13.30

http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/products/167414/2014-tokelau-yellowfin-tuna-1-oz-silver-$5-coin.aspx

Hopefully your able to source for a similar sort of price. £2 additional source price seems expensive even when taking delivery into account.

Mint age on these coins is only 500k, is it a series? If so might be worth buying a tube for those that can as might be a good investment. I'll probably have to just purchase the one.

Chris,  

I did look and sourcing from Gainsville too, however as Danny mentioned their shipping kills the deal somewhat.

I will source for a low as a can guys, obviously the more interest for the coin the lower my source price will be as the local source will provide me price breaks for larger orders. :-)

Gainsville based on 100 coins @$22.57 with $244.86 shipping and exchange rate of $1.65 (allowing for currency fluctuation and courier conversion rate for VAT) + VAT + Customs Brokerage Charge is £18.31/coin landed.

Gainsville based on 100 coins @$22.57 with $244.86 shipping and exchange rate of $1.65 (allowing for currency fluctuation and courier conversion rate for VAT) + VAT + Customs Brokerage Charge is £18.31/coin landed.

That's not "too" bad, but I bet they can be had for cheaper shipping elsewhere.

Those postage rates are a little silly.

Stacker since 2013

That's not "too" bad, but I bet they can be had for cheaper shipping elsewhere.

Those postage rates are a little silly.

You can shave off 90p if shipping was halved.  £17.42 landed.

Now just a matter of waiting to see which companies start stocking it and at what prices and also what their shipping charges are like.

Now just a matter of waiting to see which companies start stocking it and at what prices and also what their shipping charges are like.

Indeed.

The more I look at pics of the coin, the more I like it. It's lovely.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

Most likely going to be cheapest to source from Strenue, if he can get a good source price on them.

Wondering it any German dealers will decide to stock them.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Most likely going to be cheapest to source from Strenue, if he can get a good source price on them.

Wondering it any German dealers will decide to stock them.

I'm sure Dios111 will have an allocation.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

I am sorry to tell you guys, but the coins is a bit ugly in real life.

post-1-0-24618400-1403622018_thumb.jpg

Found this image from this eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRE-SALE-Tokelau-Kakahi-Yellowfin-Tuna-1-oz-999-Silver-Coin-/141327185042?pt=US_Bullion_Coins&hash=item20e7c1b492

What do you think? Still a winning? I am doubting it a bit now.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I am sorry to tell you guys, but the coins is a bit ugly in real life.

attachicon.giftunafish.JPG

Found this image from this eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRE-SALE-Tokelau-Kakahi-Yellowfin-Tuna-1-oz-999-Silver-Coin-/141327185042?pt=US_Bullion_Coins&hash=item20e7c1b492

What do you think? Still a winning? I am doubting it a bit now.

Yeah, I'll drop to a single.

Sentiment negative on SS too, shame it's a misleading marketing pic.

Stacker since 2013

MCM and APMEX are now taking orders on this.

MCM on 40 coins it's around £19/coin Pay Pal and £18.50 by Bank Transfer. On 100 it's £18.30 Pay Pal and £17.70 Bank transfer.

APMEX it is £18.12 for 40 coins and £17.36 for 100 by bank transfer only.

All landed with VAT and customs clearance fee.

Archived