• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

fake spotting members meet up

sometimes it's hard to detect a fake especially when you have

little to compare it against. I was thinking of organising a meeting

for local members(london) so to test for fakes, another set of scales

and eyes to try and detect a fake should always be welcome. it

could also be a good opportunity to do swaps in person.

anyone interested?

HH

was thinking of a group up in a convenient library, chance for people who have yet

to decide on scales(or waiting for shipping of test equipment etc) to borrow equipment

from others and share opinions on strike/proof etc and maybe have a good real life look

at other members coins to help them decide on what they like. it could start off with me

helping test individual coins for newer members. I was thinking of keeping the time short

so would only be realistic for local members.

HH

OK, I have my devils advocate hat on, so don't flame me!!

Lets all take all our silver to a predefined public location to meet up with a bunch of complete strangers who's real names we don't even know!

Really?

So here is little old Bob. :ph34r:

Stalking the forum. ↑→↓←↑

Turning up at the venue with a bunch of big tough mates :o

Not a situation i would be wanting to walk in to with a dozen thousand pounds worth of stack! :wacko: Or even just a couple of coins TBH!

Just Sayin'

Why dont start with a meeting without any pm´s on a local pub, just to get to know each others.

If everybody feels it is ok, maybe have a few coins/round to next meeting?

I would love to meet people from the forum in real life, but London is a bit far from Sweden :D

Would be good for the novices, but the security aspect would put most of the stackers/collectors off.

I've bought examples of silver in the past shown it to various people taken orders from that sometimes i've

made enough to purchase an oz for myself or saved myself the postage.

I don't have enough silver to take extra precautions.

not a stack, maybe one coin from a roll(you don't need

to test every coin in your stack). I do see your point though.

if anyone has a community position they could come up

with a venue. I thought of using the coin fairs which should

be relatively safe for us, only thing is they are infrequent.

HH

Well I'm thinking if going to Bloomsbury coin fair on sat July 5th (12pm) I've never been before but I know roughly where it is and imagine there will be a bar there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can make that Dr Dime. Never been to a coin fair before.

I reckon it would be a viable option to communicate by pm's if anyone is worried about security.

And it would be an opportunity to do some swapping and have a wee drinky.

• Founder & Administrator

I don't think there is any security risk if you guys are going to meet at a coin fair, you won't be taking a load of PM's with you and even if you were there are already loads of PM's there, and loads of coin collectors to hide amongst :ph34r:

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived