• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Saint Peters Basilica

Zilvervloot

My first post here as a new stacker. The first item i bought was a used 1 kilo silver bar with the lowest premium on spot i could find. But then i started viewing all the nice things on some Silver Youtube channels. I fell in love with some nice coins. The Pirate series "No Prey No Pay" (got the first one now and the other 4 are on their way), the amazing Queens Beast (5 are on its way) and some Dutch Guilders (i'm Dutch). But looking at some coins presented on Youtube i noticed the Saint Peters Basilica box. OMG, what an amazing coin and craftmanship. But what a price. Thinking it was to steep for me (i like paying a small premium on spot) i was browsing and looking for some. With pricing raging from  € 300 and $ 500 way out of my league for a 100gram coin.

But then theres Ebay! I noticed some over there and most are not on auction. But one was!! I bought it for $ 211,40 including shipment to The Netherlands. I think it's a steal.

I will post pictures when i receive it.

I hope its real. I wouldn't get your hopes up until you have received and tested it.

Ebay is full of fakes, especially those deals that are too good to be true.

I am sure there are bargains to be had but it doesn't really make sense for someone to sell a $500 coin at $200. Its a 2016 coin, someone would have to be crazy to make that kind of loss in under a year. Then they have ebay + paypal fees on top of that loss.

I stick to mainly to bullion because eventually china will make these high value fakes with real silver. Then it would be pretty hard even for an expert to tell the difference.

Should be real and is probably coming from one of the known numismatic dealers.  On eBay, these high MRP coins usually sell for a fraction of what the same dealer tries to sell them for on their own website.  I don't think they are very popular and the high MRP are probably priced that way to make people think they are getting a bargain since a lot (most?) are sold well below this price point.

2 hours ago, TheWhiteStuff said:

I hope its real. I wouldn't get your hopes up until you have received and tested it.

Ebay is full of fakes, especially those deals that are too good to be true.

I am sure there are bargains to be had but it doesn't really make sense for someone to sell a $500 coin at $200. Its a 2016 coin, someone would have to be crazy to make that kind of loss in under a year. Then they have ebay + paypal fees on top of that loss.

I stick to mainly to bullion because eventually china will make these high value fakes with real silver. Then it would be pretty hard even for an expert to tell the difference.

The reseller has close to 20.000 feedback and 99.9% are positive. It is a well known European coin dealer.

i noticed that these coins where sold for abou $300 when it was released. 

He shipped it today so i hope to receive it in a few days.

2 hours ago, Zilvervloot said:

The reseller has close to 20.000 feedback and 99.9% are positive. It is a well known European coin dealer.

i noticed that these coins where sold for abou $300 when it was released. 

He shipped it today so i hope to receive it in a few days.

It is still available from some dealers at €299.99

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived