• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver for gold advice please

Hi everyone, please could someone give me a quick overview of silver to go, is there a minimum order what are the shipping costs, are they trly vat free, is there anything wrong with us buying from them, etc. I have looked at the site and the coins seem very cheap indeed. Being human this seems too good to be true.

• Founder & Administrator

Germany have always had cheaper silver coins due to their laws. Used to be only 7% VAT on legal tender coins in Germany but once that was removed a lot of dealers found a loophole in the law which allows them to import silver coins at a reduced rate of VAT and to then sell these on without VAT. That is a loose transaction of what I believe actually happens.

The point is that at the moment you can legally buy silver coins from some dealers in Germany at very good prices.

Silver to go which might be the company you are referring to has very good prices, but it is not always the cheapest. It depends on your order size, different amounts work out at a different price per ounce from different dealers. You can check a wide range of German dealers by going to gold.de (use google translator to translate the page if you don't speak German) and search which dealers have the specific coins you are after.

Liberty Silver in Estonia also has very good prices.

If paying in euros it is cheaper to pay via currencyfair. If you check the total costs you can work out if STG is the cheapest for what you want or if it's cheaper for you to pay via currencyfair to another dealer in Germany.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

You really need to work out what you want, then find the cheapest option, I won't ever buy less than 10oz as the delivery will work out to high.

The last time (and first time) I got some stuff from stg I paid £15.00 recorded delivery however I got stung for £10.00 for a bank fee, it still worked out cheaper than buying here and they now have a uk based account so the £10.00 won't happen again :-)

• Founder & Administrator

Thanks Chris, is it somewhere that it would only be worth buying from in larger quantities?

It depends as different dealers have different prices for items as well as different shipping prices and price breaks for coins and/or shipping costs.

The best thing to do is to first decide what you would like to buy, and then do a search on gold.de to see which dealers have the lowest prices for that item, you will probably need to email them to ask if they ship to the UK and shipping costs. I have found that most dealers in Germany speak at least basic english, good enough to deal. Once you know the cheapest on gold.de you can check other bullion dealers, STG, Liberty Silver, and see who's cheaper. (Don't forget if paying in Euros to work out the currencyfair exchange rate and €3 fee. There won't be a UK bank fee to send to CF)

I do that on a lot of my purchases to find the best price. I think a lot of members favour STG due to the ease of use; their customer service is great, they have a UK bank account and price is already in £. But if you have the time to use CF (only takes 5 min to send a transaction) and wish to get the best price possible then first check other dealers.

Orders of only £1000+ some bullion company's offer better pricing it you call them. So that's worth trying as well.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived